PDA

View Full Version : Receiving(hearing test)

Enrique2010
01-28-10, 04:53 AM
Hi Marines. Im a Poolee that got in on a hearing waiver. I have high frequency hearing loss but my speech descrimination is fine. Anywho, my question is, what happens at receiving when I fail the hearing test? Do they already have my paperwork? What if my hearing is worse etc. I guess I just want more info on this. Thank in advance Marines.

Melancon
01-28-10, 08:07 AM
The only hearing test you take is at MEPS. I also came in on a hearing waiver for high frequency hearing lost. It was just a pain in the ass i had to go to MEPS like 4 times. If you got your waiver already, then you're good to go. No worries.

dizark
01-28-10, 08:42 AM
Actually, I recall taking a hearing test during receiving week, along with the normal vision test, and dental check up.

FattyTheFerret
01-28-10, 08:51 PM
I also recall taking a hearing test but I think it was a quick in & out.

You'll have your medical file with you wherever you go during the medical screenings, the folks there know what to look for if you have a waiver.

Enrique2010
01-29-10, 04:45 PM
Ok. Thanks for the info Marines.

MD8724
01-30-10, 09:37 AM
You show them your waiver, at some point. They make another baseline for you. They tell you that if you ever fall below that baseline, you'll be booted out. You eventually fall below the baseline. You stay in.

Pretty much how it works.