PDA

View Full Version : Marine Mom

sscjoe
01-26-10, 06:29 AM
It is with a heavy heart that I pass on to my Marine family, that on 01/25/2010 my Mother passed away peacefully at home with me and my father by her side

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22944/54/6/n711356597_2849.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=711356597)

DocGreek
01-26-10, 06:38 AM
Joe...very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. My sympathy's to you, and your Dad. Now, you have an Angel to watch over you.
May she rest in peace. My prayers out to you, and family......SEMPER FI....Doc Greek

Phantom Blooper
01-26-10, 06:52 AM
Joe,

Sorry to hear about your mom!

RIP Mom!

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

I hope you find comfort in these words.

Never take your mother for granted

May we never take our mothers for granted For those who are lucky to still be blessed with your Mom this is beautiful.
For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful.

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked. And the guide said, "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, she fed them and bathed them, and taught them how to tie their shoes and ride a bike and reminded them to feed the dog, and do their homework and brush their teeth.

The sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this." Then the nights came, and the storms, and the path was sometimes dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her arms, and the children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come." And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children, a little patience and we are there."

So the children climbed, and as they climbed they learned to weather the storms. And with this, she gave them strength to face the world. Year after year, she showed them compassion, understanding, hope, but most of all.... unconditional love. And when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you." The days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she became little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage.

And the mother, when she lay down at night, looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned so much and are now passing these traits on to their children."

And when the way became rough for her, they lifted her, and gave her their strength, just as she had given them hers.

One day they came to a hill, and beyond the hill, they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide. And mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk with dignity and pride, with their heads held high, and so can their children after them."

And the children said, " You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence."

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore, she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well, she's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow, she is Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop A mother shows every emotion..........happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow...and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, not space...............not even death!

Rocky C
01-26-10, 07:05 AM
Joe,
So sorry to hear about your Mom Brother.
I can just imagine how you feel Joe having lost my Mom 16 years ago.
Everyone says Time heals, I don't think so.
Moms are Moms.

I will call you in a Minute or two.

Hang in there Brother.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

GSEMarine94
01-26-10, 07:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, prayers out to you and your father.

Zulu 36
01-26-10, 07:21 AM
My heartfelt condolences, Joe. Prayers are outbound for your mom, you, and your family.

sscjoe
01-26-10, 03:15 PM
I weep as I type this, thank you everyone for your thoughts. Rocky, my Brother, you'll never know how much the phone call meant. Chuck your words are so true. I will use your words as a testimonial at my Moms service. I love my Mom and all my Marine family.

Rocky C
01-26-10, 03:24 PM
I weep as I type this, thank you everyone for your thoughts. Rocky, my Brother, you'll never know how much the phone call meant. Chuck your words are so true. I will use your words as a testimonial at my Moms service. I love my Mom and all my Marine family.

:thumbup: We All Love you too Joe.
Try and get by this week as Best you can.
If it gets to heavy call me Brother.

Now I got tears again.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

PURPLEROSE
01-26-10, 03:56 PM
Joe myself and Sgt Jim send you and your Dad our prayers and lots of Love. May God keep you all in his care and give you the strength to make it through this time of Grief. I know your Mom is at peace with him already. take care and hang in there friend.I know the next few days are going to be very hard for you both. Love to you ,ROSE

SGT7477
01-26-10, 04:33 PM
Prayers out to you and your father, God Bless.

echo3oscar1833
01-26-10, 04:48 PM
Prayers to you, and your family Joe. May your mom Rest in Piece, and watch over you.:iwo:

vipere6
01-26-10, 05:13 PM
:usmc: Joe,

I send my prayers to you and your family. May God surround his angels and comfort you. during this time. We LOVE you mom.

Lisa 23
01-26-10, 05:17 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, Joe. My prayers to you and your family.
God Bless.

Marine84
01-26-10, 05:44 PM
Sorry for your loss Joe - I feel your pain my Brother.

linda1945
01-26-10, 06:09 PM
Joe,
I am very sorry to hear that your Mom passed away last night. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad.
God bless you!
Lin

foreverproud
01-26-10, 07:23 PM
My deepest sympathy for your loss to you and your family.

God Bless...

Militarys Dautr
01-27-10, 05:29 AM
Hi Joe,

I dont know you and you surely dont me..Well alot of us dont know eachother but just wanna say that I well alot of us know what it feels like to lose someone so close and dear to our hearts...The pain will always be in our hearts as we remember them...their love, the wisdom they shared, and the precious times they used to spend especially with us....Sometimes we have to let ourselves experience the pain in order to grow and become stronger..we all will be praying that God will guide you and your family to healing...Always be praying for my Brothers and Sisters in Christ...God bless..hope all goes well...If I could id bake you and your family a nice pie to wish you all well... = )

MarshRunner
01-27-10, 07:37 AM
Joe,

Prayers for you and your family, so sorry to hear of your loss.

SF
Mike

kenrobg30
01-28-10, 04:28 PM
Joe, my friend, I sit here with tears on my cheeks, because I know that nothing can ease the pain, but time. Our Brothers, and Sisters have said it
all. I can;t improve on anything they've said. S/F!! Ken

NCOPOWER
01-28-10, 04:38 PM
Joe prayers are outbound. God bless.

Juicemang
01-29-10, 11:45 AM
Prayers out to you and your family Joe. Marine families are a huge part of the Marine Corps, and we can never take them for granted. Semper Fi brother, God Bless.

Osotogary
01-29-10, 12:29 PM
May the Good Lord Bless her and keep her. What terrible news. Please accept my heartfelt sympathies.
Gary

rb1651
01-30-10, 11:39 AM
Joe, I know words cannot ease the pain, just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I'll light a candle in her memory at church tonight.

Troutzilla
01-30-10, 12:42 PM
Prayers from our house ...

ameriken
01-30-10, 12:53 PM
Joe, you and your Dad are in our prayers

Gunner 0313
01-30-10, 01:01 PM
:flag:My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. SF

doc h fmf
01-30-10, 01:43 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your mother. My she rest in peace and my god bless you and your family,god bless you my brother.

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

sscjoe
01-30-10, 07:44 PM
Moms journey here has ended. She has now embarked on the road to eternal life in the arms of the Lord.

TO ALL MY MARINE FAMILY, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR OUTPOURING OF LOVE AND SUPPORT. IT WAS A TOUGH WEEK AND REALLY ROUGH THE LAST 2 DAYS. MY FAMILY ALSO THANKS YOU. I PRINTED ALL YOUR KIND MESSAGES AND READ THEM TO MY DAD AND BROTHERS AND SISTER. THEY NOW UNDERSTAND WHY I SPEAK OF THE MARINE CORPS THE WAY I DO AND THEY KNOW THAT ALL MARINES HAVE A HEART AND SOUL AND SHED TEARS FOR THE ONES THEY LOVE. GOB BLESS THE MARINE CORPS AND RIP MOM. I LOVE YOU.

Osotogary
01-30-10, 08:20 PM
She will always live through you. Take care.

sparkie
01-30-10, 08:25 PM
i avoided this thread, Till now. Having lost a mother, father, brother, sister. I can't relate to your pain, I have my own,,,,, I do wish you comfort. A comodity hard to find. Best wishes, Brother.

sscjoe
01-30-10, 08:57 PM
Special Thanks Ken.

cball
01-30-10, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear about mom ,I know how I felt when my mother passed..
CBall

redman1
01-31-10, 11:50 AM
Joe I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom.
Its never easy to loose a loved one especially a parent.
My dad die 9 years ago
I'm also sorry I just saw this thread and I"m late
Prayers will be out for you tonight
Semper Fi Redman

temarti
01-31-10, 01:19 PM
Joe, to follow up to Redman, sorry I am late on this, prayers are outbound from my family on your loss.

sscjoe
01-31-10, 03:52 PM
No worries Bill and Terry, thanks for keeping my Mom in your prayers

sscjoe
02-01-10, 03:50 PM
We had the pipes play at the end of my Mom's service so I wanted to share Amazing Grace with all of you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84STSWVp3g

SGT7477
02-01-10, 04:27 PM
We had the pipes play at the end of my Mom's service so I wanted to share Amazing Grace with all of you.
Thanks for sharing Brother, Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
02-01-10, 04:46 PM

:usmc::thumbup::usmc:

sscjoe
02-01-10, 04:48 PM
This is a poem that my Brother, Mike, wrote and read at the service. Mosie was our nickname for Mom.

Mosie

Way back in nineteen twenty-seven
God sent down a great gift from heaven
A precious wee babe
Named Mary Jane McCabe.
She grew up in the depression
and suffered family oppression
she worked hard at college
where she gained much nursing knowledge
Although it didn’t make her wealthy
She enjoyed helping people get healthy
She loved her profession very much
But there was more in life for her soul touch
Sometimes she acted a little coy
Until she met that Navy boy
Though they took things kind of slow
she fell in love with that boy named Joe
Finally they did marry
Many babys she did carry
Mary, Joe Mike Bob and Bill
All those kids oh what a thrill
A devoted wife and mother
She was like no other
She always went to our games
Loudly cheering our names.
She went to work and gave her time
so that we could have an extra dime
The Wallkill Ambulance corp. she did give
Always helping people live.
Although its hard to say good-bye
We do so from our hearts filled with love and pride
We will always love you Mosey
And we will miss you

Rocky C
02-01-10, 05:05 PM
That's a Great Poem your Brother wrote Joe.
It would be great to have it done in calligraphy and Framed Brother.

Great talking to you today.
Hang in there Joe.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

vipere6
02-01-10, 05:23 PM
:flag:Joe,

That is a wonderful poem your brother wrote. It makes us continue to think of how wonderful and beautiful our mothers really are. they are there through the good times and the bad. There LOVE is always and forever.:thumbup:

sparkie
02-01-10, 09:03 PM
God bless our mothers........I think He did.

NoRemorse
02-01-10, 09:31 PM
Real heartfelt; a few lines into your brother's poem and I was misty eyed, Joe.

Sorry for your loss, our prayers are with you; glad and happy and elated you guys were there with her to the end physically, emotionally and spiritually.

I'm sure she's still sticking around, Lord knows us boys have to be watched after.

We'll keep you and the family in our prayers, brother.

Semper Fi