PDA

View Full Version : KCPD Obituary, John Gray (aka-flatfoot)

JAMarine
08-27-03, 10:47 AM
I was sent this obituary from the Kansas City Police Departmant this morning.

Retired Detective John A. Gray, who retired from the department February 2, 1988, passed away on August 22, 2003.

Detective Gray was born on May 19, 1942, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and was 61 years of age at the time of his death. He was appointed to the department January 16, 1969. His assignments included the Admiral Boulevard Station, Pinpoint Patrol, Central Patrol Division, North Patrol Division, Tactical Unit, Youth Unit, East Patrol Burglary and Larson, Central Patrol Burglary and Larsony, Homicide, Sex Crimes and Robbery Unit, where he was assigned at the time of his retirement.

Detective Gray is survived by Margie Gray, Independence, Missouri; daughter, Stephanie Pruitt, Kansas City, Missouri; five sisters, Peggy Cizewski, Summerfield, Florida; Barbara Wiley, Chalfont, Pennsylvania; Michelle Cirillo, Hommonton, New Jersey; Phylis Gray, Roanoke, Virginia and Dorothy Shaw, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania and one brother, James Gray, Thornton, California.

Memorial Services will be held on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 from 1400 hours to 1600 hours at the Grace Episcopal Church, 520 South 291 Highway, Liberty, Missouri.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Police Benefits Association or All Creatures Animal Rescue, P. O. Box 257, Buffalo, Missouri 65622.

Richard D. Easley
Chief of Police

JAMarine
08-27-03, 03:44 PM
I'm bubbling this back to the top. I think this needs to be read.

greensideout
08-27-03, 10:07 PM
Thanks for posting this Rich.

Semper Fi,
Ron

lurchenstein
08-28-03, 12:34 AM
Thanks for posting the obituary, JAMarine. I had a glimpse of John; however, I have a lasting impression that in life he served our country & his community well.