PDA

View Full Version : how to replace wallet card record of service - served long ago

hughweisman
01-23-10, 09:52 PM
Hi, One of my prized possessions was a wallet ID card "record of service" issued in 1965 when I was discharged after serving 3 years in Hawaii in the 4th Marines. My wallet was recently lost along...

Sgt Leprechaun
01-24-10, 03:01 AM
Sorry, but no further 'records of service' are being issued. You *might* try ebay, or one of the certificate manufacturers that seem to proliferate. That would be my best suggestion at this point. Finding a blank is gonna be tough, I won't BS ya.

Rocky C
01-24-10, 07:29 AM
I still carry my "Pink Card" sealed in laminate in my wallet to this day.
I think it was officially called DD Form 2 MC, (RES) 1 MAR 59.

Good Luck.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

Wyoming
01-24-10, 09:30 AM
Still got mine also. Just looked and can't find a number.

Then it was worn under your tie clasp your last few days.

I recall going to get the photo, etc. ******* made me go back and get into full uniform. I had just brought a blouse to slip on, but that wasn't good enough for a pix from the pockets up.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-24-10, 06:10 PM
If someone has one with a form number, or would be willing to post a pic of one (with personal info blacked out), it would be much appreciated.

Wyoming
01-24-10, 07:01 PM
If someone has one with a form number, or would be willing to post a pic of one (with personal info blacked out), it would be much appreciated.

Lemme work on it.

Rocky C
01-25-10, 02:00 PM
On my "Pink Card" it says, DD Form 2 MC, (RES) 1 MAR 59.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

echo3oscar1833
01-25-10, 02:11 PM
The only wallet card I got is my Illinois Dept of Veterans Affairs ID Card, which has my record of service. Is that similar to what you guys are talking about. Semper Fi!!!:D

Wyoming
01-25-10, 02:14 PM
Mine is pink and looks like my original green one.

I think it was green.

It was my ID card.