PDA

View Full Version : What MOS?

jc091393
01-23-10, 08:48 PM
Good evening Marines, I was wondering if you could give me some advice on MOS's. I can DEP in September but I'm wondering what MOS field is good in your opinion? Something that's out in the field and provides options after the Marine Corps. Is there anything like that? I asked the Marine recruiter if I could take the practice ASVAB but he said I have to wait until I turn 17 in a few months. Thank you in advance for the replies! :flag:

Phantom Blooper
01-23-10, 09:20 PM
How many answers do you want?

How many MOS's are there?

How many marines on this site with different MOS's?

What I am getting at is each Marine is going to tell you that the MOS they had or have is the best.

There may be an exception to that from someone wanting to do a lateral move into another MOS or reenlisting and getting another MOS.

As I said before on this site....you can take the advice from all who post and what you read on this site and the rest of the web....but the person to please is yourself and you have to make the decision on what you want to do for the next 5 years after you are eligible to enlist.

If I was you I would research the USMC MOS's...read over them see if you think you meet the requirements....pick a few and then throw them out to see how many Marines have or had that MOS.

You are asking a blanket question and the only answers that you may get are the MOS's of the Marines answering....so with said and done....become a GRUNT....grunts do it in the mud and dirt and play with all kinds of man toys.
And they also see the world.....what more could you ask for?:evilgrin:

jc091393
01-23-10, 10:12 PM
Thank you for the reply and I'll try and narrow it down. I'm looking at Artillery,infantry,or Combat engineer right now.They all sound interesting to me.Out of these which provides the most options for a career in the Marines or for jobs after the Marines? I really don't want a job behind a desk that's all I know.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-24-10, 03:06 AM
All of 'em. Really, not to sound persnickity, but your question is sooo general as to be almost unanswerable.

None are desk duty, if that helps.

As far as career paths AFTER the Corps go, again, that's going to depend on what you want to do. While trying to plan out your life is admirable, I'd concentrate on getting through recruit training first, and go from there.