PDA

View Full Version : mos school rules

CRR21
01-22-10, 10:52 AM
Sorry if this is a repeat post...I'm waiting to ship on September 7th, 2010. I will hopefully being going to MOS school in Virginia Beach for intelligence (02XX). What are the rules for leaving the base on the weekends?

sparkie
01-22-10, 10:54 AM
Don't know for you. I was 6 months in comm school and had every weekend off. Long, long ago.

Lisa 23
01-23-10, 01:31 PM
You've got quite a few more months to go yet to leave for boot camp. I'd focus more on that if I were you.
Every MOS school has different rules....some will keep you from leaving base on weekends and some won't. You'll just have to wait and see when you get there, and you've got about a year to go before you even get to your MOS school.

MLMonk
01-23-10, 11:21 PM
Depends on the base. In Ft Leonard Wood, we got weekends off and after we were released from the classes we had until 2200 to get back into our rooms during the week. We couldn't ride in personal vehicles and had a mileage limit with the taxi's on the weekends unless you filled out a special libo chit. You also couldn't go off base during the week.

hussaf
01-24-10, 12:14 PM
Worry about that when you get there. It changes. It could be a week before you go to MOS school and a student already there could get in trouble and ruin libo for subsequent classes for the rest of the year. You just never know.