PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Im Marcia

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 01:40 AM
I came to this forum to find answer's in how to become an officer for Aviation Maintenance. My Dad was in the military for 28 years and is now retired but works as a civilian and has always worked with fighter jets. Ever since I could remember I have always loved and shared interest with my Dad when it came to our Military Aircrafts. Also I have a very strong desire to not just support but also actually get involved and help out with our fellow Soldiers in the many War's we are in, I cant stand sitting here and watching News and the world go by in this crisis, I want to be a part of it. I hope I will be able to get the answer's I need in order to become an Officer for Aviation Maintenance.

Bless to all the Fellow Soldier's who have served and are serving our Country. I am so very proud of y'all, y'all are always in my prayer's. Keep those head up, we couldnt have gone this far without y'all. God Bless. = )

Phantom Blooper
01-22-10, 06:44 AM
You have to be more precise in asking your questions....

The answers that you want may have already been answered in the Ask A Marine or the Poolee Forums.....

Do a search and see if they were answered...if not go into a little more depth on what you want answered...

There are allot of aviation officer and enlisted Marines on this site that are well versed in the aviation field... however...even with their intelligence they are not able to answer questions that weren't specifically asked.

Good luck!:evilgrin:

Marine84
01-22-10, 07:52 AM
My crystal ball went out a few years back.

corky0566
01-22-10, 07:58 AM
But why don't you ask your Father these questions? Just wonderin'....?

TinDragon
01-22-10, 08:05 AM
Unless you become a pilot, you're not guarenteed any job as an officer. If you want to be Aviation Maintanence, your best bet is to go enlisted.

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 09:18 AM
My mind is set in going to college first then going into the U.S. Marines Corps to become an officer, My Dad expertise is in the Air force if he new alot about the U.S. Marine Corps I would ask him and not be here right now.

Questions:

Does it matter what degree I get before I join the marines to be an officer for Aviation Maintenance? I know its best to get a degree that would help me as an officer, but does it really matter? Just curious.

How many years can I serve as an officer? What is the longest and shortest term I could serve as an officer?

How long does it take to actually become an Officer for Aviation Maintenance?

So far these are the questions I have

TinDragon
01-22-10, 09:23 AM
As an enlisted, I can only give you answers from what I've heard from other people, so don't rely on my word as law, but as far as I know...

What degree you have doesn't matter, as long as it's a four year degree. (I think the number of credits you need is 75, but that's even more uncertain than the rest of what I'm saying)

I think as an officer you have to be in for four years, but after that it's all voluntary and you can get out more or less when you want.

Officers all go through the same training (OCS) no matter what MOS they end up in. I don't remember how long OCS is though. Several months.

Again, this is all based on random pieces of info I've heard from random people.

Lisa 23
01-22-10, 09:27 AM
Not trying to sound like a smart a$$ here, but doesn't anyone know how to search the internet first before asking questions, or even using the search bar here on Leatherneck.

Try this site out, it might help answer some of your questions.......

THE PATH TO BECOMING A MARINE CORPS OFFICER
http://www.marineofficerprograms.com/pages/officer-candidate-course-occ.php

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the info TinDragon.

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 09:31 AM
Not trying to sound like a smart a$$ here, but doesn't anyone know how to search the internet first before asking questions, or even using the search bar here on Leatherneck.

Try this site out, it might help answer some of your questions.......

THE PATH TO BECOMING A MARINE CORPS OFFICER
http://www.marineofficerprograms.com/pages/officer-candidate-course-occ.php

I dont believe you are, already looked at the site. Thats what im doing, im here researching, asking questions, getting answer's.

Lisa 23
01-22-10, 09:36 AM
There are some Officers on board here, but don't post that often.
I suggest you go and see an OSO (Officer Selections Officer) and he/she can answer all of your questions.
Good luck to you.

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 09:37 AM
Thank you

Lisa 23
01-22-10, 09:41 AM
Have you checked this site out yet......

http://officer.marines.com/

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 09:42 AM
Well im kinda explorin it right now

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 09:54 AM
Its a great website and gives out alot of infomation but i feel like theres more that im not knowing at the moment. thats why im here to find it out.

Lisa 23
01-22-10, 10:04 AM
The Marines here can only answer your questions so much, and if by chance, an officer happens to come on board, he/she can help you out further. Your best bet is to make an appointment with an OSO in your area and ask him/her all the questions you want, that's what they are there for.

Militarys Dautr
01-22-10, 10:06 AM
Thank you for the help. As always. = )