PDA

View Full Version : Need some help leaders.

Jazko
01-21-10, 05:54 PM
I seem to be getting the run-around on this from my CRS as well as S-1 and im sorry if this is the worng section to ask this in, but i could use some help from some of the Marines here.

My question is:

I just compleated a LAT move in Feb and i am awaiting orders to the school house, for my old MOS i exceded the cutting score in feb but when i checked MOL they have changed my MOS to a training one. and it rates no cutting score from what i can see. am i still able to pick up as the next rank for my old MOS or am i SOL on this one i have tryed to find the order but i don't seem to be able to find any information on this on gents.

S/F
thanks for your time and any replys.

MSSlaughter
01-21-10, 06:02 PM
You'll get considered based on your future MOS, i.e. if you lat moved to potentially be an 0231 but your official MOS is 0200, keep an eye out on the 0231 cutting scores...those are yours now. Google the Marine Corps Promotions Manual and find the paragraph on "Intended MOS." It's all there.

Keep in mind, though, that if you fail out of your new school and never achieve that intended MOS, you will get administratively reduced back to what you are now (LCpl I presume). Then you'll have to do a remedial promotion package to get it back...its complicated I know. Just don't fail the school.