PDA

View Full Version : Future Recruit Training Program

slambert
01-20-10, 11:33 AM
Hey guys. I was hoping that somebody could help me with a good training regimen. I need to maximize my pull ups, crunches, and running time. I only go to school till noon everyday so i have time to work out. What will help me the most?

Should i wear boots and put weights in a backpack while running to simulate what i will have to do at recruit training?

Thanks
:flag:

SGT7477
01-20-10, 12:06 PM
[quote=slambert;595663]Hey guys. I was hoping that somebody could help me with a good training regimen. I need to maximize my pull ups, crunches, and running time. I only go to school till noon everyday so i have time to work out. What will help me the most?

Should i wear boots and put weights in a backpack while running to simulate what i will have to do at recruit training?

Thanks
:flag:[/quote Get rid of the hey guys we are Marines, now for starters get down on your face and give me 50.:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
01-20-10, 12:12 PM
Yeah, what SGT7477 said. :evilgrin:
Also...you started another thread on becoming an officer. So which is it, do you want to go enlisted or do you want to be an officer? Enlisted Marines train in boot camp at either MCRDPI or MCRDSD; officers go to OCS in Quantico, VA.

MUSTANG0369
01-20-10, 12:37 PM
Some Officers go to both.....

Lisa 23
01-20-10, 12:54 PM
Some Officers go to both.....

Sir, I know some go both, but it was just that he asked about becoming an officer first in another thread and he didn't mention anything about wanting to go enlisted, that's why I asked.

Apache
01-20-10, 04:09 PM
Your'e rubbin me the wrong way junior------------
attitude will cause you heartache

Lisa 23
01-20-10, 04:12 PM
Your'e rubbin me the wrong way junior------------
attitude will cause you heartache
Just curious, who you calling junior?

MSSlaughter
01-20-10, 04:54 PM
Hey guys. I was hoping that somebody could help me with a good training regimen. I need to maximize my pull ups, crunches, and running time. I only go to school till noon everyday so i have time to work out. What will help me the most?

Thanks
:flag:

That's two new threads for you in one day. Both asked questions that have been answered in other threads on this forum. Then you say "Hey guys." You're looking for someone else to give you all the answers without being even slightly willing to go get them yourself. Additionally, when asking for those answers...you're doing so without having read the rules. Get rid of the sense of entitlement...and maybe you can be one of us.

SGT7477
01-20-10, 05:58 PM
That's two new threads for you in one day. Both asked questions that have been answered in other threads on this forum. Then you say "Hey guys." You're looking for someone else to give you all the answers without being even slightly willing to go get them yourself. Additionally, when asking for those answers...you're doing so without having read the rules. Get rid of the sense of entitlement...and maybe you can be one of us.
It will never end.:evilgrin:

WalkingMan
01-21-10, 04:44 AM

Thanks

I'm 61 years old, but I still train heavy, 5 days a week, so I know a fair amount about getting and staying in good physical shape.

First... it would be helpful if you posted where you stand now on dead-hang pull-ups, palm forward, palms facing you, and if you have a 3-way bar, like the Iron Gym type, palms facing each other... your current number of crunches in 2 minutes, and your current 3 mile time, in regular running shoes.

Also, your height/weight/BMI would be useful, and knowing whether you are a smoker or consume a lot of alcohol would be significant factors, as well.

Without knowing whether you are already a very athletic person, who eats properly, or a party animal who smokes two packs of cigarettes a day and hasn't done any physical training at all, or a person who is morbidly obese, making specific suggestions would be impossible.

AllShallPerishx
01-21-10, 03:19 PM
I didnt do **** before bootcamp. I drank, smoked cigs, and played video games. After boot, high first class PFT.

WalkingMan
01-21-10, 04:59 PM
I didnt do **** before bootcamp. I drank, smoked cigs, and played video games. After boot, high first class PFT.

Well, if you continue down that path, eventually it will catch up with you.