PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a long shot on location of someone

Graymutt
01-19-10, 04:29 PM
Hello to all the Marines, my thanks go out to you, for you service. I am looking for some help with this issue. I am trying to help my wife find her father. I am going to put all the information that...

SmithAdrian
01-19-10, 04:37 PM
Fill out your profile, and This would probably be better posted in "Looking for a Leatherneck"

edit: that got moved quick

Graymutt
01-19-10, 04:45 PM
Profile filled out, and thanks for moving it.

Marine84
01-19-10, 05:48 PM
I wish you all the best in your search, but just outta curiosity.............why are ya'll looking for her Dad?

With all due respect, why is he needed for anything at this point? I see you're 38 so your wife must be close to that age too. Sounds like Mom did just like a lot of other WM's have done - she had a one nighter and conceived your wife. You say she's been lieing about the Dad, maybe for a reason? Unless there is some medical reason why you would even want to find him - seems like a lot of work for nothing, you know? There are some things that happen in one's life sometimes where it's best kept between the ones who were involved. Your wife could be setting herself up for disappointment. There are waaaaay too many open holes in the whole story that Mom seems to be handing your wife.

As far as your question about restrictions on what women could do back then - I'm sure there were. I went through from 84 - 88 and there were plenty of restrictions even then.

Again, good luck in your search.

Graymutt
01-19-10, 05:58 PM
Her reason is she just wants to meet him, not for any other reason just a little knowledge. A little closure, good or bad I dont think she could be disappointed, even if he said FU, and took off. She is 30, and just wants to a little information.

I agree with you about the one night stands (I have had a few), but as for me I would stand up and take responlibility for a child even if it was 30 years later.

Comm Tech
01-20-10, 08:11 PM
If mother's maiden name was "Brown" I knew her and "ski"

Graymutt
01-20-10, 08:16 PM
The mothers name is Algerita Williams but she might have went by Rita Beard or any combination of either. We her Marine Photo, if we find someone that might have new her. She is about 5'7" or so and in the photo she is blonde.

Comm Tech
01-20-10, 08:30 PM
Show me, I'll tell you what I know if anything, and havn't stayed in touch with anyone since. Had a friend who passed recently he ran down his birth parents. How can I view the picture?

Graymutt
01-20-10, 08:34 PM
I will get my wife to scan it in and I will figure a way to send it to you.

Comm Tech
01-21-10, 02:05 PM
It couldn't be anyone else. I went to ground radio school 1978, and if you failed back a class, you had to square away real big and handle coffee mess for MsGt Reeves. He "owned" ground radio. And almost made me a motor t oaf. Anyway there was a pregnant WM in the office, we spent weeks together pleasantly chatting. Years later I came back to C and E, became a born again christian, and there she was in a prayre meeting! We chatted, possibly I met your wife as a child.

Graymutt
01-21-10, 04:03 PM
I will talk to my wife and look in to it, I am working on the photo to

Graymutt
01-22-10, 06:25 PM
Here is the mothers Picture

Comm Tech
01-22-10, 08:15 PM
Anyway ask mom if she remembers "the big teddy bear" from ground radio school, if all same same...

Graymutt
01-23-10, 09:13 AM
I would but my wife and her do not speak, and I dont speak to her either. The mother did alot to deserve not to be spoken to. We are jsut trying to find a name of the father, the mother refuses to evenbe supportive in this.

duragliter
01-23-10, 11:24 AM
First off, pay noattention to some of the idiots that have responded thus far, mutt.

Everybody knows why a woman would want to find her bio father. Be it a child with cancer or some other medical malady that a family history would help, to a morbid curiosity to actually know someone who could give a crap less about her and to include the possibility that "he" has money...

Anyway...

If you realy want to find him, it's time to suck it up and start talking to the mother. Get out your industrial strength kneepads and get more information.

I knew lots of Comm Creeps from that time period. Although, I don't recognize the bridge-troll in the picture. ;) Ouch! That must have required a twelve-pack and half a quart of Jack...

If you are going to reach out, you'll need more than CommElectScol in '78...

Good luck

Graymutt
01-23-10, 11:54 AM
Dura, if i thought that the bridge-troll would give any information I would do what it takes. Honestly I thought about just bribing her, but I couldnt rely on any information that she would give.

I know this is a long shot, I am still working on getting unit list, from what I know of my 20 years in the military, and from little hints that she has said, I am guessing the father was a NCO in her unit that she was trying to get on the good side of.

So my plan is to try and find out information, and work on it. I have made it farther than my wife has. I am working on figuring out what MOS she held if she even made it that far, and working slowly on any other information. I am hoping for alot of luck.

duragliter
01-23-10, 02:20 PM
Well, I don't know what year The Stumps went to segregating the females in their own barracks but, if the mother lived in the squadbay, there would be other females that knew what she was doing.

Same-same for the father. I didn't know any male Marines at that time that tried to hide which WM they were boinking.

I'm sure that you've done the usual stuff and checked for place of birth and birth certificate, etc.

Graymutt
01-23-10, 03:25 PM
the father was never put on the birth certificate, and I am hoping that someone remembers something. Right now figuring out how the Marines did things at that time seems to be my biggest issue, squad bays and if they had males over females. if they seperated females in to thier own unit or if it was just like a platoon in a company.

Zulu 36
01-23-10, 03:51 PM
Well, I don't know what year The Stumps went to segregating the females in their own barracks but, if the mother lived in the squadbay, there would be other females that knew what she was doing.

Same-same for the father. I didn't know any male Marines at that time that tried to hide which WM they were boinking.

I'm sure that you've done the usual stuff and checked for place of birth and birth certificate, etc.

Back in those days, Women Marines were totally segregated. They had their own barracks separate from men. Doors were supposed to be kept locked from outside entry. WMs were almost all 01XX or similar paper-pushing MOSs then and they worked in non-deployable headquarters units. Base HQ, Base PMO admin, etc.

I think they would be assigned to whatever the HQ unit was, but fell in with the work sections for routine formations, as a separate platoon for more formal occasions.

Comm Tech
01-27-10, 06:55 PM
Sorry guys, if she is who she is my memory is pretty sacred. I was trusted with the emotional state of a pregnant teenager, in a place where I partied hard to hold my emotional state together. And I'd be thrilled to talk to mom, if ever and when.

Holly
02-12-10, 09:02 PM
Back in those days, Women Marines were totally segregated. They had their own barracks separate from men. Doors were supposed to be kept locked from outside entry. WMs were almost all 01XX or similar paper-pushing MOSs then and they worked in non-deployable headquarters units. Base HQ, Base PMO admin, etc.

I think they would be assigned to whatever the HQ unit was, but fell in with the work sections for routine formations, as a separate platoon for more formal occasions.

Zulu is right Graymutt, WM's were segregated in the Stumps. I was stationed there from May to Aug 1979 - went thru Comm Center School (CC-19), but worked in Co. A Sick Call before my class picked up.

I don't remember the WM in the picture, but there are two WM's and one male Marine that I remain in contact with who served with me in the Stumps. I'll see if they can remember anything. I'll do whatever I can to help. Good luck in your search.

Semper Fi,