PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Infantry field

MrDemyan
01-19-10, 01:12 PM
Hello Marines , i have a question about the infantry field or to be more specific ( 0311/Rifleman) . How is it like to be a infantryman and/or 0311 ? and it could be excellent if you could even tell me how it was being a infantryman in iraq/afghanistan.

Thank - You

:flag: :iwo:

Smitty Puffs
01-19-10, 02:00 PM
Go on patrol, clean your weapon, eat chow, go on more patrols, clean your weapon, PT, stand post, clean your weapon, stand post again, clean weapon, go on patrol, etc. etc.

MrDemyan
01-19-10, 02:09 PM
do you know what the chances are of getting deployed to afghanistan?

giveen
01-19-10, 02:13 PM
About as good if not greater than anyone elses chances.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-20-10, 01:49 AM
"Today is the worst day of your life...So is tomorrow. Welcome to the Infantry." Sgt Dean, USMC Infantry, Fallujah vet

brian0351
01-20-10, 04:03 AM
do you know what the chances are of getting deployed to afghanistan?

Well there are 27 Battalions...so I guess your chances are 1 in 27 every 6 months.

The topic of Infantry has been covered MULTIPLE times in this forum...do a search and you'll find all your answers.

WalkingMan
01-20-10, 08:21 AM
Hello Marines , i have a question about the infantry field or to be more specific ( 0311/Rifleman) . How is it like to be a infantryman and/or 0311 ? and it could be excellent if you could even tell me how it was being a infantryman in iraq/afghanistan.

Thank - You

I liked being a grunt, even though I wasn't officially a grunt.

My MOS was 2533 (radio-telegraph operator), but after about week in Vietnam, working in a Fire Direction Center (Artillery and Aircraft Control), Bravo 1/3 needed a replacement radioman for their 62Alpha team (point forward observers), so I volunteered, and wound up spending my entire Marine Corps career with the grunts, which suited me fine.

You have to like sleeping out in the bush, and scrounging for food and gear, and hiking, climbing, jumping out of helicopters and other physical stuff. If you are athletic and like camping out, enjoy firing weapons and sneaking around in the dark, humping all your gear plus your share of the squad and company's gear (mortars, explosives, batteries, etc., then you will like it.

I liked the grunts and being in the bush a lot more than I liked being in the rear with the gear.

Of course, assume you will eventually meet a bunch of people who will be shooting at you and trying in the worst way to make you dead, dead, dead. The pointy end of the spear is where grunts go.