PDA

View Full Version : MOS advice

USMC Sokol
01-18-10, 03:13 PM
I'm trying to decide on an MOS and I could use some advice on some MOS's and what your opinion on them are. Hopefully it could give me insight on what I should do. I know some basics and have heard a few things about them, but I don't know how much of it is true and if there's more that I should know

Field 58 MP - This is what I wanted to do coming into the Marines. I want to be a Police Officer after the Marines...but, I hear that they have "bad habits" and are "full of themselves"

Field 04 Logistics - I know it involves a lot of math and transporting materials. What exactly do they move & are there other things that I should know about this MOS?

Field 02 Intel - I don't know much about this. I heard it was a lot of presentations and such, which really isn't my thing. Am I wrong about what this MOS does? I thought it was gathering information about the enemy but I'm not sure if that's right

Field 35 Small Arms Repair/Technician - I thought this job sounded cool. I've heard that you're basically by yourself all the time though

Lisa 23
01-18-10, 03:26 PM
Check this site out, that is, if you haven't already. It'll help give you an overview of each MOS the Marine Corps has to offer.

United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors
Main Menu

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

TinDragon
01-19-10, 06:33 AM
For Intel, you may want to look at the "26" field as well. 26xx are also Intel, but they do more of the collecting aspect as opposed to the PowerPoint aspect.

If you are interested in Intel in general, not just the 02 field, lemme know, I can tell you quite a bit more about the 26s than I can about the 02s.