PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Assistances Need Please!

Ganv25
01-18-10, 02:25 AM
Hello! Wow, where do I start? Well, if anyone can give me some advice I could really appericate it. I am currently dating a GREAT Marine, complicated as you will come to find out, but I am also in the military, Army. We are both ready to make this relationship work and take it to the next level when I return home. I am currently deployed while he has been send out to Haiti. I have never dated a Marine, and let me say it's very different for me. Being in the military, I had an "idea" of the demands of the job, but I have come to find out that the demands of the Corps is so much different than the Army. Being deploy, just makes it so much harder for the both of us to keep our relationship strong and going. I find myself struggling with the lack of communication as you all know the importances of talking about your daily events and the stress the comes with being deploy (noting that this is my very first deployment!).

How do I as a GF support my Marine while I'm out here? How do you keep the love and communication going when you have no access to technology? Any advice from those who have gone through this and have survive? Dual military, different branch, different jobs, but wanting to make it work?

Thank you all so much for your time!

Komenko
01-18-10, 03:06 AM
Ok first fill out your profile! don't want to see your question get hammered by the forum police before they give you an answer. But as for me i was in your situation at one time. Myself being a Marine and my ex-wife being an Army Reservist deployed to the invasion of Iraq in 2003. it is tough not being able to talk. you'll just have to pray that he will be fine as he does for you since your in counrty. There will always be times like this for any service member not being able to communicate with a loved one. if you know his parents contact them to see how he is doing. So keep your chin high and know that he is thinking of you no matter what!

BoDean
01-18-10, 09:30 AM
I also have been there. All I can say is mail call. Make sure that each of you has the others depolment address. His would be Fleet Post Office(FPO) something, his unit. Then want for the mail Call. It is slow, I know you kids like fast Comm but welcome to the world of some us Old Time JarhEads. Shoot I bet three of my letters home the frist time I was in Lebanon, and was there two months before mail caught up to us the second time. It life at high speed, fast deploments, you kid have fun and knock dead.

Ganv25
01-22-10, 10:40 AM
Thank you all who took the time to give me some very good advice. However, sad to report, we went our own way because of a baby mama drama. She made him chose between his son and me, and you all probably can guess what happened. You all have been great and have my utter most respect for all that you do. Thank you again.

Lisa 23
01-22-10, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out.
Best of luck to you in your Army career.