PDA

View Full Version : A question about seeing a recruiter

LilRingo
01-15-10, 12:31 PM
Hello Marines.
I have a question regarding going an seeing a recruiter. I am only fifteen and have heard that I can't go see a recruiter because I can't join for atleast another two years. But, I have to write a paper for school on the career that I want to have. I need to interview a person or persons that are in the job field that I want. I chose being a Marine Intelligence Analyst as the career I want to have, so I also would like to talk to a Marine who has been or is a 0231.

Enough rambling by me, here is my question:

Can I go see and speak to the recruiter or should I just speak to one of the Marines on here?

Thanks for any help and comments recieved Marines.

Phantom Blooper
01-15-10, 12:56 PM
That is your option....you can go to a recruiter and explain what you need to do and if they have the free time they should accomadate you.

You can also see if any Marines with the MOS that you desire will answer your questions.

Also your MOS is only a fraction of what it is like to be a Marine....so you will get other answers from Marines also.

Marines are Marines 24/7 365 and to the grave.

Good luck!:evilgrin:

polizei
01-15-10, 03:51 PM
I would have to say I'd highly doubt a recruiter would help you. They are very busy, and probably honestly wouldn't care to help you. I would get info from a Marine on here.

Best of luck.

Phantom Blooper
01-15-10, 04:19 PM
A recruiter is in the community for community relations....

I wouldn't expect a recruiter to drop the caseload that they have....and stop what they are doing for a potential poolee..but like any other job....no one is so busy that they cannot answer a few questions.

Maybe not a laundry list or a thesis....but the better one is at community relations the better they are able to sell the Marine Corps...especially since this young lady wants to one day join the Marine Corps.

If they cut the chase and small talk...an interview can be done in 15 minutes.
Als depends on the city and how big the RSS is.

:evilgrin: