PDA

View Full Version : Question about joining

MrDemyan
01-14-10, 11:47 PM
Hey Marines , When i was around 14 years old i got my ears peirced and i am 17 now and i know that was probably the most stupid thing i could ever do, but i was dumb back then , but anyways right now i still have like marks there still that look like holes but they are healed and there is really no holes but it just looks like it . So would that affect my dream of becoming a Marine?

NCOPOWER
01-14-10, 11:49 PM
Your recruiter would look at them to make sure they are in fact closed. MEPS will do the same but if it is as you say. You should be fine.

MrDemyan
01-14-10, 11:50 PM
ok , Thank you Marine

Komenko
01-14-10, 11:53 PM
Your recruiter would look at them to make sure they are in fact closed. MEPS will do the same but if it is as you say. You should be fine.

I agree with NCOPOWER. usually there won't be a problem with those who wore earrings in the past. i know when i was stationed at the Island i saw recruits who still had holes in the ears but they weren't the big loops, just small dots!

MrDemyan
01-15-10, 12:01 AM
yeah, because i just dont want my dream to be ruined of becoming a Marine just because of a stupid thing i did in the past.

NCOPOWER
01-15-10, 12:26 AM
You should be fine just talk to your recruiter.

usmcmech6152
01-16-10, 10:13 AM
When I first went to MEPS my hole wasn't completely closed, but once I went back again to ship off to boot camp they made sure it was closed. As long as the holes are closed and there's no signs of re-piercing you'll be fine.

Phantom Blooper
01-16-10, 04:45 PM
When I enlisted I went to the recruiter...signed papers and left in a week...times changed.....

Went to take the physical at the federal building and swear in.....the sawbones poked and prodded in all my holes that weren't closed and signed the papers and I was good to go....

If your holes close up....worry....:evilgrin:

Wyoming
02-03-10, 11:00 PM
Hey Marines , When i was around 14 years old i got my ears peirced and i am 17 now and i know that was probably the most stupid thing i could ever do, but i was dumb back then , but anyways right now i still have like marks there still that look like holes but they are healed and there is really no holes but it just looks like it . So would that affect my dream of becoming a Marine?

WTF.

Your profile says you ARE 14.

WTF.

Are you 14, 17, a wannabee, a poser, or ****ing what???

Cute profile pix. How you dropped? You got hair?

MrDemyan
02-03-10, 11:02 PM
Sir that was my friend who was at my house and wanted to ask a question.

Wyoming
02-03-10, 11:04 PM
Sir that was my friend who was at my house and wanted to ask a question.

Red Flag and Bull****!!!!

MrDemyan
02-03-10, 11:05 PM
Sir i would not lie about something that stupid and i never had my ears peirced.

Wyoming
02-03-10, 11:10 PM
Your posts are written in the same style.

17 year old pierced ear kids don't hang out with 14 yo's.

Now don't try to explain away your **** on PM's.

Go!

MrDemyan
02-03-10, 11:16 PM
Sir i have friends that i hang out in my neighbor hood that go to my high school and i hang out with them at home. I am done talking about this beleive what you want to beleive its your opinion.

MrDemyan
02-03-10, 11:28 PM
sorry, about all those posts i put up here, in was talking to a Marine who said your profile says your 14 and this says your 17 and he didnt beleive me. To tell you all i am 14 and my friend who attends my high school lives next to me and wishes to become a Marine to and asked me to post this up here to see if he could still be one. Sorry for the misscommunication Marines.

Komenko
02-04-10, 07:44 AM
Your posts are written in the same style.

17 year old pierced ear kids don't hang out with 14 yo's.

Now don't try to explain away your **** on PM's.

Go!

Hate to tell you this but you need to chill the fvck out man!

dROD20
02-04-10, 07:51 AM
i had holes in my ears at meps and was never told anything. were you all really checked? and how did they determine if the whole was closed or not? i thought that as long as you did not wear earings, you were in regulation.

Wyoming
02-04-10, 08:05 AM
Hate to tell you this but you need to chill the fvck out man!

Tsk, tsk, skirt the censors. Be careful.

Chill out. Naw.

Ease up dude. Don't hate. Tell it like it is. . :D

Nice PM. Not. . :(

Juicemang
02-04-10, 09:06 AM
I had one of my ears pierced as a 14 year old punk, took the earring out for good when I was 15 or 16. There's a visible mark of a closed piercing on my earlobe. Miraculously, I never took any heat for it at MEPS or during my entire time at recruit training. I did, however, get pinned to a stantion by my temple for flicking a booger at another recruit during laundry drop off.

MrDemyan
02-04-10, 09:51 AM
[quote=I did, however, get pinned to a stantion by my temple for flicking a booger at another recruit during laundry drop off.[/quote]

lol

MrDemyan
02-04-10, 09:52 AM
komenko, thank you for telling him that

Lisa 23
02-04-10, 11:45 AM
sorry, about all those posts i put up here, in was talking to a Marine who said your profile says your 14 and this says your 17 and he didnt beleive me. To tell you all i am 14 and my friend who attends my high school lives next to me and wishes to become a Marine to and asked me to post this up here to see if he could still be one. Sorry for the misscommunication Marines.
Save us all the confussion.....next time 'your friend' wants to ask questions about something, tell him to make his own account and ask the questions for himself. A friend who posts questions for friend on this stie, usually winds up having their thread deleted.

Komenko
02-04-10, 10:48 PM
Tsk, tsk, skirt the censors. Be careful.

Chill out. Naw.

Ease up dude. Don't hate. Tell it like it is. . :D

Nice PM. Not. . :(

lol i'm not the only one who does it! btw i'm not hatin on ya, just tellin you how it is! :p