PDA

View Full Version : hello

jaf18
01-14-10, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to these forums. I am 18 years old and in 3 1/2 months I will be graduating highschool with no future plans ahead of me.

Since about this time last year, I have been thinking about joining the marines. Why the marines? Not only are they badass, but the best trained. I know it's generally a dangerous branch but it catches my interest because of all the action and intensity. I really really would like to become a recon marine (not sure of the requirements).

I am not a dumb person, but also I am not really smart. So I am not sure how I would score on the ASVAB. My physical fitness level, I would say, is moderate; have been working out/running/aerboics lately.

The thing is, I am not completely sure about joining the military. I'm not scared to die nor scared to get shot at or wounded..I'm not saying that I will be stupid or anything and just do stupid **** to get myself or others hurt. I suppose I'm saying I'm quite confident and/or fearless of a majority of situations. Why I am not sure about joining the marines is because I don't know if theres a lot of stress involved, boredom, anxiety, tension, etc.

Komenko
01-14-10, 10:58 PM
before people start yelling at you, please fill out your profile before they do lol.

also stress, boredom, anxiety, tension, etc. is in every service! High Operation Tempo is the cause lol no matter who you join!<!-- / message -->

Lisa 23
01-14-10, 11:01 PM
Just to let you know, you are posting in a Marines Only forum. Read the headings over each forum for a guide.
Marine Friends can post in the Marine Family and Marine Corps Recruit forums.

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

NCOPOWER
01-14-10, 11:45 PM
Just to let you know, you are posting in a Marines Only forum. Read the headings over each forum for a guide.

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

:thumbup:

MarshRunner
01-15-10, 07:02 AM

Ooooh -Rahhh!!!! :evilgrin: