PDA

View Full Version : Lost Military ID

Convulsive
01-14-10, 04:07 PM
I lost my military ID at the beach somehow today and was wondering how I would go about reporting it and what repercussions I'll have for losing it, I was told losing a military ID is terms for an NJP. I have to report to MCT in 4 days and am kind of lost as to what to do. Also will my Identity be safe since it has my social on it? Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BR34
01-14-10, 04:09 PM
You're going to have to get a new one when you get to MCT. You're not going to get NJP'd. The MCT instructor that has to drag you somewhere to get a replacement is probably going to hate your guts though.

And no, your identity is definitely not safe but there's nothing you can do about it now.

Convulsive
01-14-10, 04:16 PM
Thank you for the quick response. It's good knowing I wont get an NJP but the Identity thing scares me a little bit. I'm just going to have to watch my bank accounts closely I guess and pray that someone returns it to my address.

zx6rdr
01-14-10, 04:27 PM
Since when is there an address on the ID cards?

echo3oscar1833
01-14-10, 05:02 PM
Thank you for the quick response. It's good knowing I wont get an NJP but the Identity thing scares me a little bit. I'm just going to have to watch my bank accounts closely I guess and pray that someone returns it to my address.

Yes your Identity could be comprimised, I lost mine when I was in MOS School back in 2002. I was pick pocketed on the bus from Oceanside to San Diego. Whoever stole it took my whole wallet, it had my DL, Military ID, SS Card, etc. I had to get all new identification cards, my Crew Instructor at schools Sgt Rivera had to take me over to the ID Card place to get a new one. He was ****ed, cause I took a couple hours out of his day. Can't say that I blame him though, chit happens bro, you'll get yelled at. Just suck it up, and take it like a man. Semper Fi!!!:marine:

egbutler1
01-14-10, 05:03 PM
It doesn't have the address on it, but if someone puts it in the Mail it will find its way back to him.

BR34
01-14-10, 05:06 PM
Since it's lost at the beach hopefully the sun and sand will just bake the **** out of it so he doesn't have anything to worry about.

devilbones
01-14-10, 07:58 PM
If there is a base near you, just go and get one before you report to MCT. Any DEERS office can give you one.

Integrity57
01-14-10, 08:06 PM
It can't be that warm in P-Cola just yet. Were you getting drunk at Hooters on P-Cola beach?

animal mother
01-14-10, 10:00 PM
What devil bones said....hell you can go to a reservist base or an Air Guard base (it doesnt even have to be Marine Corps...at least thats what I've been told)

Komenko
01-14-10, 10:01 PM

don't need an address when his name, DOB and SSN are on it. also to the OP don't watch your bank accounts that will not be a target, but your credit report is and everything on your ID card is an ID thief's dream! he can use that info to make new credit cards with all your info to go to him and max the cards out and not pay them and all the while your credit report is getting Fvcked! pray to god that the high tide rolls in and takes it out to sea!

animal mother
01-14-10, 10:05 PM
If somebody "steals your identity" you should go on a killing spree....and when caught just say it was the guy who stole your identity.;)

Convulsive
01-15-10, 12:28 AM
It wasn't just my military ID it was my Drivers License as well. Sure enough i got it returned to me so thank god it was an honest citizen that found it and not some scum bag. Thanks for the help everyone, at least I'll have some knowledge as to what to do if this were to happen in the future but i'll make damn sure it doesn't

NCOPOWER
01-15-10, 12:33 AM
Thank your lucky stars!! I had a check in to the unit I'm at with no ID. Not olny did I get blasted because he was my Marine but he got the short end of the stick. Congrats on getting it returned!

Komenko
01-15-10, 12:39 AM
Lucky Dawg!

Marine1955
01-15-10, 02:53 AM
If somebody "steals your identity" you should go on a killing spree....and when caught just say it was the guy who stole your identity.;)
Like the way your thinking but also make sure it's towel head you shoot.
LMOL

Marine1955
01-15-10, 02:57 AM
It wasn't just my military ID it was my Drivers License as well. Sure enough i got it returned to me so thank god it was an honest citizen that found it and not some scum bag. Thanks for the help everyone, at least I'll have some knowledge as to what to do if this were to happen in the future but I'll make damn sure it doesn't

Had this happen to me when I was in Iwakuini Japan. I spent all night looking for it I retraced me foot steps and from my barracks to the E-cub to the shore side and low and behold a little girl found it and was looking for me to give it back at the front gate to the base. I thank her and gave her 500 yen for the return of my wallet. Like you I had everything in mine also. good luck on getting a new one.

Zulu 36
01-15-10, 06:59 AM
Had this happen to me when I was in Iwakuini Japan. I spent all night looking for it I retraced me foot steps and from my barracks to the E-cub to the shore side and low and behold a little girl found it and was looking for me to give it back at the front gate to the base. I thank her and gave her 500 yen for the return of my wallet. Like you I had everything in mine also. good luck on getting a new one.

500 yen? Cheap Charlie. :D