PDA

View Full Version : A little Help

Carlos32
01-12-10, 10:18 PM
Hello, I currently go to college, and I am starting my second semester of my second year. I am in the NROTC program, as a College Programmer. I know pretty much Will not be able to continue the program with a scholarship or advance standing. I am having a hard time trying to decide if i should enlist or apply to OCS. I am going to finish college first, but I have uncertain thoughts about either. I have a little thing in the back of my mind that says I am not cut out to be a leader, but i would like the pay rate of an Officer. I would like to enlist, because I would want to start from the bottom and work my way up (just like some people think). I really dont know what to do, so if anyone can give me some help, I would appreciate it.
v/r
Carlos32

Smitty Puffs
01-12-10, 10:44 PM
Enlist. If the paycheck is what makes you want to be an officer then you have no business leading Marines.

Lisa 23
01-12-10, 11:06 PM
I'm not trying to sound sarcastic here, but in my opinion, part of being a Marine Corps officer requires leadership, and it seems that you don't want to be a leader of Marines. You want the pay, but not the responsibilities that go with being an officer, that's not how it goes. Training at OCS to become a Marine Corps officer is a whole different ball game than what recruit training is for enlisted Marines. The Marine Corps wants men and women who have no doubts about leading Marines into combat, or whatever else it may be. And being a Marine Corps officer is a very big responsibility!
It's best for you to go enlisted.

NCOPOWER
01-12-10, 11:13 PM
I'm not trying to sound sarcastic here, but in my opinion, part of being a Marine Corps officer requires leadership, and it seems that you don't want to be a leader of Marines. You want the pay, but not the responsibilities that go with being an officer, that's not how it goes. Training at OCS to become a Marine Corps officer is a whole different ball game than what recruit training is for enlisted Marines. The Marine Corps wants men and women who have no doubts about leading Marines into combat, or whatever else it may be. And being a Marine Corps officer is a very big responsibility!
It's best for you to go enlisted.

^^^I agree! :thumbup:

Carlos32
01-12-10, 11:25 PM
Dont get me wrong, I really want to become a Marine. The pay is not what is making me from making my decision, I don't know if I would be able to lead Marines.

Lisa 23
01-12-10, 11:28 PM
Then go enlisted.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-14-10, 02:46 AM
Enlisted Marines lead just as many Marines as do officers, they just get into it more gradually (to a certain degree).

Every Marine is expected to know, and be able to DO, the job of the Marine leading him. That means leadership.