PDA

View Full Version : Changing mos/augmenting

campbell90
01-12-10, 02:37 PM
Hey i'm Mike, im going to boot camp July 12 2010. My mos is a 1345 Engineer Equipment Operator. I have a question about changing my MOS. Im happy with 1345, i just was put in a different position then most POOLee's because i am a post grad, so active duty spots werent expected to be open for me for up to a year ( there was a waiting list for post grads). Anyways i wanted to be a MARINE more than any other branch, and there was no compromising on branches, so i decided to pick a choice that looked good. I ended up going reserve 1345 and im expected to augment when i get back to active duty. My first choice was Infantry. My question is is there any way to change MOS in bootcamp, and if not, how longs the expected augment supposed to take from reserve to active? thank you

slimmy07
01-14-10, 02:30 PM
it depends, I would check out the Active Reserve first. Your on Active duty, just in support of the reservists. You can get stationed just about anywhere there is a reserve station.

brian0351
01-15-10, 01:04 AM
No...you cannot change your MOS contract while in bootcamp. Once you sign your contract...you've signed a legally binding contract.

MLMonk
01-15-10, 05:17 AM
Not as a reserve you can't. Reserves work differently then active, since they need MOS slots to fill, hence why reservists get a specific MOS opposed to the active side just getting a general field.

If you really want active, sign on active. Right now, it is taking over a year for Marines to switch to active, and that is including Active-Reserves.