PDA

View Full Version : Asvab?

Tailorie
01-11-10, 08:52 AM
I WAS going to join the Corps when I was 17, but i was a cow, I lost a good amount of weight, but then the recruiter and i lost contact. I only have a GED and 14 college credits, but i also have taken my asvab but i didn't do as well as i liked (only making a 52 i think) would there be anyway at all for me to take it again?

FattyTheFerret
01-11-10, 06:20 PM
You'll need one more credit to make up for the lack of high school diploma. It doesn't hurt to get more but 14 won't quite cut it. Any one-credit class should suffice as long as it's not a CLEP credit or any other credit-for-testing type situation.

Figure out which portion of the ASVAB gave you trouble and focus on that. Math can be very important but reading comprehension and critical thinking are key.

If I recall correctly you can retake the ASVAB every 30 days but it's been a while. A 52 isn't exactly horrible but it's not great, either. There are a variety of guides out there to help you study for it but I honestly don't know which one is better than the other.

Drop by and see a recruiter. Just because you lost contact with the first one you spoke to doesn't mean you can find him again or talk to another one. He may have finished his tour or moved to a different station. Any recruiter should be able to give you reliable information on when you can retake the ASVAB and how often.

Are you looking for a specific MOS that requires a certain score?

Tailorie
01-11-10, 06:40 PM
no specific yet, I just want to make sure i get a job that i'm going to enjoy doing, I've been talking to a recruiter recently, and honestly i'm super excited, I'm really hoping I can get where I want to be and be able to join

Tailorie
01-11-10, 06:47 PM
also my old recruiter tod me i did well in everything so I don't know we'll see