PDA

View Full Version : Reserve BAH during boot camp

Aurelius33
01-10-10, 04:23 PM
Hi once again Marines,
I tried to search for this beforehand, but the letters in the box for the search function weren't showing up, so please forgive me if this has been asked many times.
My question is, do reservists receive BAH for their dependents while at boot camp and MOS school the same way active duty recruits do? Thanks in advance for any replies. :thumbup:

NCOPOWER
01-10-10, 05:04 PM
While you are at boot at mct or at your MOS school. You will e active duty. Once you finish all of that you will drop to the reserves. So you will be treated as if you are active.

Please Marines correct me if I am wrong.

Aurelius33
01-10-10, 05:39 PM
Sounds good. Thank you for your time Corporal :thumbup:

polizei
01-10-10, 06:19 PM
That's how it works. You ARE AD during boot/mct/mos. Once you finish those, get ready to bend over for the green wienie.

Aurelius33
01-10-10, 06:48 PM
Thanks for your replies, Marines.

I have a follow up question which I may as well ask here, instead of starting another thread.

While browsing the Marine Corps Reserves website, I noticed that Company B (-), 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion, 4thMarDiv is located at NAS Jacksonville, FL (my current city of residence). Would anyone be able to give me a few examples of Combat MOS's that may be available in an Assault Amphibian Battalion? I assume that since it is an amphibian battalion it would include AAV crewman, is that a safe assumption?

I understand that it really comes down to what vacancies they have at the time, and that I should talk to my recruiter for more accurate and up-to-date information, but just an over view of what combat jobs may be included in the battalion would be very helpful.

I am asking all of these questions because I was planning to go active duty but considering all of the recent posts saying that there are no AD slots available for quite some time, I would rather just go ahead and go Reserves instead of waiting another year. I am getting too old for that! A good thing about the Reserves is that I will more likely be able to finish my B.A. before I reach the age limit for OCS/PLC, something I wouldn't have been able to do while active.

Once again, thanks for your help. The Marines on this site are one of the many things that help keep me motivated!

echo3oscar1833
01-10-10, 07:41 PM
Thanks for your replies, Marines.

I have a follow up question which I may as well ask here, instead of starting another thread.

While browsing the Marine Corps Reserves website, I noticed that Company B (-), 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion, 4thMarDiv is located at NAS Jacksonville, FL (my current city of residence). Would anyone be able to give me a few examples of Combat MOS's that may be available in an Assault Amphibian Battalion? I assume that since it is an amphibian battalion it would include AAV crewman, is that a safe assumption?

I understand that it really comes down to what vacancies they have at the time, and that I should talk to my recruiter for more accurate and up-to-date information, but just an over view of what combat jobs may be included in the battalion would be very helpful.

I am asking all of these questions because I was planning to go active duty but considering all of the recent posts saying that there are no AD slots available for quite some time, I would rather just go ahead and go Reserves instead of waiting another year. I am getting too old for that! A good thing about the Reserves is that I will more likely be able to finish my B.A. before I reach the age limit for OCS/PLC, something I wouldn't have been able to do while active.

Once again, thanks for your help. The Marines on this site are one of the many things that help keep me motivated!

You would be correct AAV Crewman is part of all the Assault Amphibian Battalions. I was with 2nd Assault Amphibian Bn on the active duty side of the house. I was an 1833 AAV Crewman myself, but there are also AAV Mechanics which is an entire different MOS. Also like any other Battalion you have other MOS's such as Armorers, Admin Marines, plus there are a ton of different billet slots you could get. Semper:marine:

Aurelius33
01-10-10, 07:50 PM
You would be correct AAV Crewman is part of all the Assault Amphibian Battalions. I was with 2nd Assault Amphibian Bn on the active duty side of the house. I was an 1833 AAV Crewman myself, but there are also AAV Mechanics which is an entire different MOS. Also like any other Battalion you have other MOS's such as Armorers, Admin Marines, plus there are a ton of different billet slots you could get. Semper:marine:

Awesome. Thank you for the info Lance Corporal!

echo3oscar1833
01-10-10, 08:14 PM
Your Welcome:marine: