PDA

View Full Version : Getting on a Marine Team

StoneTheWeak
01-09-10, 06:41 PM
I got selected to be on a Marine team today, so Monday I have to tell my shop and try and get it approved. But who do I go to? And if my shop doesn't wanna let me go, where can I go to try and over ride it? I know my SSgt is on the football team for Camp Pendleton, so I'm hoping he'll help me out and it won't end like that.

Komenko
01-09-10, 09:07 PM
I got selected to be on a Marine team today, so Monday I have to tell my shop and try and get it approved. But who do I go to? And if my shop doesn't wanna let me go, where can I go to try and over ride it? I know my SSgt is on the football team for Camp Pendleton, so I'm hoping he'll help me out and it won't end like that.

you need to go up the chain. start with your SNCO and then the 1stSgt and Company CO then from there it should go to Battalion! I had a Marine in my squad who was selected for the Camp Pendleton Basket Ball team and the Platoon said ok but the Company CO shot it down and it was right after we all got back from a deployment! I felt sorry for the guy and his Coach was a Retired SgtMaj and he fought to get him on.

StoneTheWeak
01-09-10, 11:34 PM
I think for me it'll be the other way around. I'm an airwinger, so my shop will wanna keep me. But at least the team practices go in the morning from 9 and run till about 3, and I work nights from 4 till about midnight, so even if they won't let me go TAD, I can do it on my free time, I'll just have to suffer through it from Feb-Nov.

I'll have to go in to work early on Monday and try and work over my shop. At the very least I might be able to get Partial TAD to travel to Tournaments and what not.