PDA

View Full Version : New Marine

agxnemesis
01-09-10, 05:23 PM
I Just graduated 3rd Battalion Mike company platoon 3005 yesterday..
SDI Ssgt. Iddins
DI Ssgt. Childs
DI Ssgt Donnely
DI Sgt Askew ..
My best advice is dont try to go in there thinking you know evertything...
Show your drill instructors you can be diciplined but also tough enough to show them you have true core values..Integrity is important..Drill instructors Work harder then anyone you will ever know.and they expect the same from you..dont try to be the cool guy..you didnt go to Parris island to make friends your going to better yourself..Pay attention to everything EVERYONE learns..every Drll movement the squad leaders and guide have to know ..YOU SHOULD KNOW IT TO..that will give you a HUGE advantage..and i promise a oppurtunity will come to prove yourself..if you work hard enough for the stick..know what to do if you get it..i can go on throwin lil tips forever if u have quastion ask..ill make sure i try to help you learn from my mistakes
Oorah!!!

RLE0352
01-09-10, 05:55 PM
Congratulations Marine!

Rocky C
01-09-10, 06:04 PM
Congratulations Marine and Welcome to the Family!!!
Contact a Mod and have your Status changed.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Lisa 23
01-09-10, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the Marine Corps family and CONGRATS on EARNING the title United States Marine! :usmc:

Ooh-Rah and Semper Fi! :flag:

ecfree
01-09-10, 06:55 PM
WELCOME to the brotherhood.....
Congratulations JARHEAD.........:iwo:............Ed

Walls
01-10-10, 12:36 AM
Congrats Marine! Would have been there along side you on the parade deck if it wasn't for the damn weather. We had our ceremony in the theater.

Semper Fi!

TKOTapout
01-10-10, 01:54 AM
Congratulations. I hope to be where you are soon. May i ask if there was anything you wish you were better prepared for when going?

agxnemesis
01-10-10, 06:15 AM
Leadership.I was Never a leader until I Was Taught it at boot camp..I wish I could have went into boot camp with leadership traits instead of learning them all their..Maybe I would be a PFC if I would have..so start trying to learn honor courage and commitment now.When your mom tells you to do the dishes instead of thinking"AHHH not again" think ok something productive to do..the earlier in boot camp you ACT like a Marine the Better a Marine you will be in the end you are a butter knife trying to be sharpened into a Kabar..you are making yourself into a weopon..The Marine corps gives you the oppurtunity to be molded by The best and YOURSELF..if you like a quality someone has dont just like it, take it learn from it..if you think someone has good leadership style take from it and make it your own..if you like the way one specific drill instructor walks..Walk like him..you are Your product..its up to you what you take out of the Corps nothing is givin here..you have to work for EVERYTHING you get..REMEMBER that .

Semper Fi!

ElDiablo
01-10-10, 07:51 AM
Congrats. I graduated ahead of you by 3 weeks or so. You wouldn't know a Kevin Cheng would you? Always messing up, we dropped him to Mike Co. Wanted to know if he made it through.

thezero
01-10-10, 01:00 PM
Yes, recruit Cheng, from Plt. 2092 H Co. Biggest screw up ever but he could beat box to raise morale and entertain our SDI. I remember when you guys were on grass week, then one of the Drill Instructors made Cheng take our guidon as we waited for chow.

Knudsen
01-10-10, 01:22 PM
Congrats Marine .. My biggest concern is how long you get to take a S***, always been a big fan of sitting back and enjoying mine ..

Sgt Jim
01-10-10, 01:23 PM
Congrats Marine,welcome aboard.

Lisa 23
01-10-10, 02:46 PM
Congrats Marine .. My biggest concern is how long you get to take a S***, always been a big fan of sitting back and enjoying mine ..
You won't be able to get that comfortable in boot camp....LOL

NCOPOWER
01-10-10, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood!

Semper Fi!

SGT7477
01-10-10, 03:12 PM
Welcome to the finest fighting force in the world, Congrats and Semper Fidelis.

ameriken
01-11-10, 07:58 PM
Congratulations and welcome aboard Jarhead :evilgrin:

RYDERKUR
01-11-10, 09:29 PM

Haha, I know what you mean. After lights out I always found my peace and tranquility on the cool porcelain.

jinelson
01-11-10, 09:55 PM
Congratulations Marine and thanks for giving these devil pups some real time insight into what lays ahead for them. Enjoy your leave more fun is just around the bend for you.

Semper Fi

Jim

chadhertz
01-11-10, 11:23 PM
I have a question, my friend who got out of boot camp not too long ago said that many people he knew had their contracts changed to a different mos at boot camp(mostly the infantry guys). Did you see any of this happen while you were there? And was it hard for you to stay awake during classes and such? Oh and congrats Marine:thumbup:

MontezumaCpl
01-11-10, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood, Marine!

Scuzzbrush
01-13-10, 02:59 PM
Hey agx who are you this is PVT Heck! I just saw your post and thought it was funny cause we were in the same Platoon!

agxnemesis
01-13-10, 10:13 PM
Haha Whats good HEck this is Smith ...SCUZZBRUSH..nice name your brother was going crazy with the camera at grad practise i know he got some good shots

Gallic Gun
01-15-10, 11:37 AM
Ah, good to see you made it too. I graduated with 3000, good times, haha, especially that night we came over on your deck and have the knowledge shouting competition and the metaphors for teaching us Cooper's color code and Combat Hunter, haha!

Maybe I'll see you next week at Geiger. Congrats to you!

agxnemesis
01-15-10, 02:46 PM
yes that was fun..i miss alot of those moments already

RobBigTex
01-15-10, 07:09 PM
I'm a lil nervous, but I'm ready. I cant wait to discover my strengths mentally n physically. I'm going in as a grunt 0311. I will be gladly to take anymore advice u can give. I will do whatever it takes to be the best I can be. I ship 5 April. Wish me luck. Thanks, Robert

TunTvrnWarrior
01-15-10, 10:24 PM
Welcome aboard MARINE!

Gallic Gun
01-17-10, 01:17 PM
I'm a lil nervous, but I'm ready. I cant wait to discover my strengths mentally n physically. I'm going in as a grunt 0311. I will be gladly to take anymore advice u can give. I will do whatever it takes to be the best I can be. I ship 5 April. Wish me luck. Thanks, Robert

The hardest part is actually going. You hear so many people say how hard or how easy it is and you have certain expectations... Avoid that as much as possible. Have an open mind and just do what the DI's tell you and listen and learn everything they teach. There truly is a method to the madness of everything they do. Most of it won't make sense, and you won't notice a lot of the changes in yourself as they happen, but once you no longer have them telling when and how to do everything all the time, if you allowed boot camp to do what it is intended to do, you'll begin to notice you do things instinctively the Marine way and take pride in it. One thing you will learn, once you're a Marine, what you do and how you do it no longer reflects just you, it reflects all Marines. It sounds like you have the right attitude, and that's the best tool you can have. Never say die and always keep pushing. When times get rough, just put little goals in front of you. The little things will mold together to reach the bigger things.
Until then, just get your 3 MILE run time as low as you can, pullups and crunches as high as you can. I know minimum IST is 1.5 mile in 13:30, 3 pullups, and 50 crunches or something like that... A perfect PFT score is 3 miles in under 18 minutes, 20 pullups and 100 crunches. Aim to make that YOUR minimum standard, so when you ship, you'll already be a step ahead of the guys who didn't do anything until 3 days before they shipped and falling out after a quarter mile.

WhYs0sErIoUs
01-17-10, 05:18 PM
I just graduated Friday with Alpha Company and picked up a few people from Mike Company. Any of you guys know a kid named Boyer? He was dropped to my platoon during BWT. Talk about a mess-up haha

billydakid
01-17-10, 05:36 PM
Congrats,oooorah Mike Company!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallic Gun
01-18-10, 11:58 AM
I just graduated Friday with Alpha Company and picked up a few people from Mike Company. Any of you guys know a kid named Boyer? He was dropped to my platoon during BWT. Talk about a mess-up haha

I remember the name but he wasn't my platoon.
Did yall have a McDaniels, a drop from M Co?

MikeMorris
01-18-10, 03:56 PM
Congrats MARINE. Thanks for the info, i liked what you said about if you like the way your DI walks, walk like it and make the most of what your being esposed to and better yourself.

WhYs0sErIoUs
01-19-10, 11:19 AM
I remember the name but he wasn't my platoon.
Did yall have a McDaniels, a drop from M Co?

Mmmm doesn't sound familiar. Oh hey, I know this question is asked alot but how do I update my status thing from Poolee to Marine?

Oh crap, it says Marine Friend not Poolee :x

Lisa 23
01-19-10, 04:51 PM
Mmmm doesn't sound familiar. Oh hey, I know this question is asked alot but how do I update my status thing from Poolee to Marine?

Oh crap, it says Marine Friend not Poolee :x

PM one of the mods...jinelson or thedrifter....and have them change your status from Marine Friend to Marine.

rodriguez35
01-29-10, 06:56 AM

hahhahaa BOYER!!!! SCREAM!!!!!

"i need water" "i wanna go home" lmao i remember him. Ssgt. Montes always said he hated him

doc h fmf
01-30-10, 02:02 PM
Congrats Smith welcome to the Marine Corp. Aways remember one thing the docs are Bad A^^^ses too. Semper Fi my brother