PDA

View Full Version : drug testing?

Dan8250
01-09-10, 02:25 PM
how and when is there drug tests? do i need to go to my doctor or like a clinic or do they do it at bootcamp? not taking any drugs just trying to plan out whats after my asvab test

ameriken
01-09-10, 03:01 PM
Pardon my skepticism, but you're 'not taking any drugs' yet your very first post is specifically about drug testing? Sorry, but only people who've been doing drugs worry about drug tests.

My guess is you are not so concerned about 'where' you're gonna get tested as you are about 'when' you are gonna get tested.

echo3oscar1833
01-09-10, 03:43 PM
My thoughts are the same as yours Ken, thats a weird question to ask. It does seem like he's worried about when.

Kegler300
01-09-10, 04:17 PM
You will be drug-tested as often as once a month, depending on your MOS. If you have an affinity for drugs, marijuana, etc., save us a lot of time by not joining our Corps.

Rocky C
01-09-10, 04:20 PM
how and when is there drug tests? do i need to go to my doctor or like a clinic or do they do it at bootcamp? not taking any drugs just trying to plan out whats after my asvab test

You have just been tested!!!

Results; FAILED!!!:thumbdown

Supersquishy
01-09-10, 04:25 PM
Doesn't take a cop to know who is lying.................FAIL

Marine84
01-09-10, 04:30 PM
We didn't call it a "pop quiz" for nothin'.

ameriken
01-09-10, 05:40 PM
LOL, looks like he packed up his profile and ran.

Supersquishy
01-09-10, 05:42 PM

Too late, his IP address is already out, Hes going to be busted big time now. 10 bucks says the FBI has him on the black list already. Hope he's smart and reading this and doesn't submit any paperwork......LOL;)

FattyTheFerret
01-09-10, 05:59 PM
Pardon my skepticism, but you're 'not taking any drugs' yet your very first post is specifically about drug testing? Sorry, but only people who've been doing drugs worry about drug tests.

My guess is you are not so concerned about 'where' you're gonna get tested as you are about 'when' you are gonna get tested.

Not necessarily; some people take medication which routinely causes false positives in drug tests. He may also just be wondering what the next step in the process is.

It is interesting to see how many assumptions are being made about the kid from a single question.

FattyTheFerret
01-09-10, 06:00 PM
Too late, his IP address is already out, Hes going to be busted big time now. 10 bucks says the FBI has him on the black list already. Hope he's smart and reading this and doesn't submit any paperwork......LOL;)

rofl I hope this is facetious...

You will take a simple drug test with your recruiters before they take you to MEPS. You take another one at MEPS, another one in boot camp, another one at SOI and so on and so forth.

If you have any concerns about it, be open and honest with the recruiters. If you used to do drugs, let them know and make sure you stay clean.

fyi: there's no such thing as an FBI blacklist for asking this question on the internet. don't freak out, just ensure that you're clean before you make the trip to MEPS and stay away from the stuff as long as you're committed to becoming a Marine

BR34
01-09-10, 06:05 PM
Not necessarily; some people take medication which routinely causes false positives in drug tests. He may also just be wondering what the next step in the process is.

It is interesting to see how many assumptions are being made about the kid from a single question.

I just went through some of your posts. Wanna guess what percentage of them are you disagreeing with what someone has posted? Are you a lawyer or do you just get off on internet arguing?

You're a funny fella.

Lisa 23
01-09-10, 06:08 PM

He never filled it out to begin with.

If he wanted to know if medications would show up on a drug test, then he could've asked that in the first place.

FattyTheFerret
01-09-10, 06:11 PM
I just went through some of your posts. Wanna guess what percentage of them are you disagreeing with what someone has posted? Are you a lawyer or do you just get off on internet arguing?

You're a funny fella.
I see someone that needs information, I post it. I'm trying to help the guy.

That being said, I do enjoy healthy debate.
He never filled it out to begin with.

If he wanted to know if medications would show up on a drug test, then he could've asked that in the first place.Probably. Some folks aren't that clever, though.

Rocky C
01-09-10, 06:13 PM

You're a funny fella.

:thumbup:.
Just did the same thing.
He's all over the place tonight!!!

You're a funny fella. ( No pun intended There ):banana:

FattyTheFerret
01-09-10, 06:15 PM
I aim to amuse and entertain as much as I aim to inform and educate. :D

ameriken
01-09-10, 06:18 PM
Some folks aren't that clever, though.

Ah, now who's making the assumptions?

FattyTheFerret
01-09-10, 06:21 PM
Ah, now who's making the assumptions?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to say the guy isn't clever. Just opening up the possibility that he might not have thought through the way his question would sound. That and asking what medications show up on drug tests would be a better question for google.

Either way, there are a variety of reasons to ask. Maybe everyone's assumptions are correct, maybe not. Doesn't hurt to give him good advice on keeping clean, though.

ameriken
01-09-10, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry, I don't mean to say the guy isn't clever. Just opening up the possibility that he might not have thought through the way his question would sound. That and asking what medications show up on drug tests would be a better question for google.

Either way, there are a variety of reasons to ask. Maybe everyone's assumptions are correct, maybe not. Doesn't hurt to give him good advice on keeping clean, though.

And if it turns out that I and others are wrong and the real truth is that he is perfectly clean and just happens to have absolutely no other questions about joining our Corps other than some odd curiousity about drugs tests, then I welcome him to challenge me and others on our incorrect assumption.

BR34
01-09-10, 06:34 PM
I wonder how far a debate about assumptions can be stretched...

echo3oscar1833
01-09-10, 06:50 PM

Quite a while I'm assuming, but thats just an assumption. See two assumptions in one sentence. We could also assume that I'm taking the time to type this, in turn to see what your assumption is towards my assumptions. Semper:D:nerd:

Dan8250
01-09-10, 06:50 PM
ok i was wondering because i am taking an add med now and its just to study for the asvab i didnt tell my recruiter because i dont want to be view any less and its an amphetamine i will not be taking these once i pass asvab so i was curious if i would be tested anytime before the test or maybe just after im not a pot head or drug user. for a forum thats supposed to help people with marine questions some of you are pretty quick to think the worst.

echo3oscar1833
01-09-10, 06:54 PM
ok i was wondering because i am taking an add med now and its just to study for the asvab i didnt tell my recruiter because i dont want to be view any less and its an amphetamine i will not be taking these once i pass asvab so i was curious if i would be tested anytime before the test or maybe just after im not a pot head or drug user. for a forum thats supposed to help people with marine questions some of you are pretty quick to think the worst.

I get paid to assume the worst in my current job. I also trained, and got paid to assume that the worst would happen in the Marine Corps. Get the picture here, when your first post relates to drug use/testing red flags usually go off. Thats like being in the Marine Corps, and going up to your First Sergeant, and saying "First Sergeant when is our next drug test". By asking that question you could almost garauntee your butt will be up in the head taking a test within the hour. The Marine Corps takes anything drug related serious, including stupid questions.:D

PS Marine is Capatilized, there yahoo:marine:

Lisa 23
01-09-10, 06:55 PM
Quite a while I'm assuming, but thats just an assumption. See two assumptions in one sentence. We could also assume that I'm taking the time to type this, in turn to see what your assumption is towards my assumptions. Semper:D:nerd:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Fun%20Smilies/crazy.gif

Phantom Blooper
01-09-10, 06:57 PM

Probally the assumption can be stretched as far as an azzhole.

Remember the cliché of assuming sometimes makes an AssoutofUandMe

:evilgrin:

Lisa 23
01-09-10, 07:04 PM
You should really take the time to fill out your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to. <br />
Also, some proper sentence structure would go a long way, too.....like capital letters the...

Phantom Blooper
01-09-10, 07:31 PM
You are on ADD medicine just to study for the ASVAB test.....makes no sense.

Not saying that you are not taking it for just that purpose...but what are you going to do if those meds are not available and you have to prepare for something else that requires your full and complete concentration.

You also have to be off of medicines such as Ritalin and others for at least six months before even thinking of enlisting. You also need to get a waiver for the above.

Relax..take a deep breath...leave the drugs alone...and just do it on your own merit.....you won't have that crutch in the Marine Corps.:evilgrin:

ameriken
01-09-10, 07:32 PM
Well you said you arent taking any drugs and now you tell us you are taking drugs. You are taking them for the ASVAB, but you dont want your recruiter to know. So you are hiding stuff from the Corps and your writing shows that you're hiding something.

At least in this post you are more straight up.

You'd better open up to your recruiter about the ADD meds and dont try to skirt around the system. As WMarine has shown you can get nailed for fraudulent enlistment. Be honest with us and the Corps.

FattyTheFerret
01-09-10, 07:40 PM
And if it turns out that I and others are wrong and the real truth is that he is perfectly clean and just happens to have absolutely no other questions about joining our Corps other than some odd curiousity about drugs tests, then I welcome him to challenge me and others on our incorrect assumption.

touche!

FattyTheFerret
01-09-10, 07:44 PM

Tell your recruiter. Don't try to hide your medical history from them if you're taking medications.

There are two possible situations here. Either you can stop taking your meds and have no resulting problems - in which case, you shouldn't be taking them to begin with and you need to be rediagnosed - or you genuinely have ADD/ADHD and require the medications to balance our brain chemistry, in which case this may not be the right path in life for you.

commdog7
01-09-10, 08:26 PM
Do you have ADD or are you just taking the meds to pass the asvab? Isn't that a prescription drug?

Wow, you really are smart. If you have ADD, your recruiter needs to know about it, otherwise it is a fraudulent enlistment. If you're taking drugs that you haven't been prescribed, you are setting yourself up for failure. It is incredibly stupid to take prescription drugs that you don't need; you will pop on the drug test and be disqualified for enlistment. You screwed yourself on this one, should've asked your recruiter before attempting something like this.