PDA

View Full Version : NROTC Questions

Nickie55
01-08-10, 11:02 AM
I have searched and have not found this question posted, and I do apologize if it already has been. I applied for the NROTC Marine option scholarship and I am currently waiting to hear back if I received it. If I end up not receiving the scholarship, I am planning on enrolling in the program and attempt to get the three-year scholarship.

First question I have is, do you get the scholarship for a specific college or is it for wherever you want to use it? I have found multiple answers on-line, all varying in what they said. I should have asked the CO when I had my interview, but I was too worried about having a good interview and doing good on the PFT that I didn't think about it :confused:

And also, I know you can never be in good enough shape. I have been lifting weights six times a week and running every day. I was wondering, is there a standard of fitness that the NROTC unit expects from you when you first arrive?

MLMonk
01-08-10, 12:21 PM
The NROTC scholarship is for what ever school you want it to be, but, if you get the scholarship while in the NROTC program, it will be just for that school you are going to.

There is no standard of fitness as you say, but I don't think they want someone who cannot run for a mile and only can flex arm hang for a second. They're just looking for someone who is improving their times for the PFT. Also, for the NROTC scholarship during school, I think you need a 1st class PFT to qualify.