PDA

View Full Version : What to ask?

jc091393
01-07-10, 04:56 PM
Good evening Marines,
I'm going to the recruiter tomorrow with my friend who wants to join the Army(both recruiting staions are next to each other) and I'm just wondering if you Marines have any suggestions on what to ask? I'm graduating High School next year so I'll be eligible to DEP in September when I turn 17. Thanks in advance for the replies! :flag:

sparkie
01-07-10, 05:04 PM
Ask for a pay scale,,,,,,,, It will come up for you some day. Ask if you can help out in the office. Ask for a bumper sticker. Ask for a handout on the GI bill. Ask " Why should I join?".

polizei
01-07-10, 08:08 PM
Lmao, ask your friend why he's joining the army? That COULD prove to be difficult on your friendship...

TunTvrnWarrior
01-07-10, 09:36 PM
see below quote.

jc091393
01-14-10, 08:46 PM
So I ended up going but the Marine recruiters weren't there so I followed my friend next door to the Army station....Whew they tried to get me interested...and they almost did.They were telling me about how the army has more benefits,more jobs,blah blah blah.Almost got me to reconsider my options but then I weighed the pros and cons of each service....and well....nothing beats the title of U.S MARINE! :flag:

Hopefully the Marine recruiter will be there next time I go.

brian0351
01-15-10, 01:00 AM
They almost convinced you huh? As someone who used to be in the Marines and now work as a contractor for the Army...I can tell you this...When you ask a person about his previous military service you get the following answers.

Army: I used to be in the Army
Marines: I AM a Marine.

Army pride is based on what their unit did in previous wars. (1ID, 101st, etc, etc)
Marine Pride is based on what you can do as a Marine.

NCOPOWER
01-15-10, 01:02 AM
They almost convinced you huh? As someone who used to be in the Marines and now work as a contractor for the Army...I can tell you this...When you ask a person about his previous military service you get the following answers.

Army: I used to be in the Army
Marines: I AM a Marine.

Army pride is based on what their unit did in previous wars. (1ID, 101st, etc, etc)
Marine Pride is based on what you can do as a Marine.

I would have to agree!!!:thumbup: