PDA

View Full Version : I guess I am out of options.

Imperfection202
01-07-10, 07:23 AM
First off , thank you all for serving our country.

I wish that would day i could stand beside you.

I went from 330 pounds down to 270 in a couple months. The recruiter I was talking to was amazed. I was determined. A few more months and I would have been ready....then it hit me.

I appeared for the first time in shorts and short sleeves. I have tattoos on my right leg from my knee to my toes and a full sleeve on my left arm.

I was told they were excessive and I wouldn't be allowed to serve.

I kinda fell of the band wagon a little on the weight loss because I thought that there is no point now. I still work out a lot just not trying to cut so fast.

The other day I met a Marine from our town. He told me since all of my tattoos are Religous. that I could join. I should just tell them that is discrematory against me to not let me in because of Religous tattoos.

He was kinda laughing about it but, could that really happen.

I know the Marine Corp stands firm on there standards. Just wondering what some of yall thought.

Thanks, Kevin

Imperfection202
01-07-10, 07:41 AM
Wanna go ahead and apoligize for saying yall.

What do you Marines think of this.

Marine84
01-07-10, 07:54 AM
UH OH! Incoming!

I got the popcorn on this one.

Phantom Blooper
01-07-10, 08:37 AM
I don't know the specifics....however I believe that an order is an order and they will stand firm regardless of the nature or designs of the tattoos.

There is a young man on here that had tattoos and the Marines turned him down after attempted waivers and the Navy accepted him.

Regarding your weight....it's up to you on what you continue to do...you know the health and detrimental consequences.

I would say talk to another armed forces recruiter and see what they have to say.

:evilgrin:

brian0351
01-07-10, 09:19 AM
Army will take you...but for the Marines Rules is Rules. The Marine Corps stated in their new Tattoo policy 2-3? years ago that you couldn't have sleeves.

You could get it lasered off.

Old Marine
01-07-10, 04:16 PM
Try the Air Farce. Same pay & benifits.

zx6rdr
01-07-10, 04:26 PM
Your friend sounds like something we call a "Barracks Lawyer aka Sea Lawyer"..... But yeah, tell the recruiter that they are discriminating against you. Hell, you could even say that you are going to take it to your congressman; you do that and you won't even have to go to boot camp.... Damn! Why didn't I think of that approach?!?!?!?!?

SGT7477
01-07-10, 06:17 PM
First off , thank you all for serving our country.

I wish that would day i could stand beside you.

I went from 330 pounds down to 270 in a couple months. The recruiter I was talking to was amazed. I was determined. A few more months and I would have been ready....then it hit me.

I appeared for the first time in shorts and short sleeves. I have tattoos on my right leg from my knee to my toes and a full sleeve on my left arm.

I was told they were excessive and I wouldn't be allowed to serve.

I kinda fell of the band wagon a little on the weight loss because I thought that there is no point now. I still work out a lot just not trying to cut so fast.

The other day I met a Marine from our town. He told me since all of my tattoos are Religous. that I could join. I should just tell them that is discrematory against me to not let me in because of Religous tattoos.

He was kinda laughing about it but, could that really happen.

I know the Marine Corp stands firm on there standards. Just wondering what some of yall thought.

Thanks, Kevin
Looks like you should have told the truth in the beginning, I guess there is always the army of none.:evilgrin: