PDA

View Full Version : need some opinions

Vanish34
01-06-10, 11:21 AM
Went to the doctors today to see what was wrong with my leg. There is not a stress fracture but they said it could be getting close to one. I was supposed to get an MRI done but I don’t have health insurance. It is possible with rest 4 to 8 weeks it will be healed and can start working my way up into running. So what I want to do is rest my leg and just ship off to boot camp hoping nothing is wrong.

I’m going to ice it, do wall pushups, stretches and only cross train bicycle and running in water.

I leave for boot camp March 8th

what do you Marines think?

WKranz
01-06-10, 11:29 AM
I'd rather go to boot camp three months later then spend an extra three months at boot camp. Spend your time healing at home, the Marine Corps isn't going anywhere.

Vanish34
01-06-10, 11:35 AM
ok ok thanks Marine that is true but two months is max for me to be in DEP for a year and I asked my Gunny Sgt at my office and he said there is no space for me to get pushed back but that was like 3 months ago.

If in boot camp and have the pain come back would they tell me what is wrong?

LoganS2k7
01-06-10, 09:48 PM
In bootcamp your Drill instructers are just going to tell you to push through it. If it really is a huge problem to you and you cannot continue training you'll be placed in MRP, which is the medical rehabilitation platoon until you are well enough to commence training.

firedog974
01-06-10, 09:54 PM
I had shin splints in boot. They got worse in MCT. Got even worse at my first duty station. At my first duty station, had a bone scan done and they told me I had severe stress fractures (ankle to knee) in both my legs. I rested for 3 weeks, and was fine. Shin splints and stress fractures will not kill you, and will not put you in a wheelchair. You can get through with them, but it is up to you to push through. I think you have enough time to let them heal.

ecfree
01-06-10, 10:19 PM
ok ok thanks Marine that is true but two months is max for me to be in DEP for a year and I asked my Gunny Sgt at my office and he said there is no space for me to get pushed back but that was like 3 months ago.

If in boot camp and have the pain come back would they tell me what is wrong?
Vanish34,you should use the correct title for a Marine E7 Sgt......He or she is called, by a poolee,GUNNERY Sgt........Later on you can call 'em Gunny,if he lets you........
I wish you luck with your injury.........