PDA

View Full Version : regarding a psychologist vist

Aurelius33
01-05-10, 10:44 AM
Hello Marines,
In 2005 my father was ran over and killed by a drunk driver.A few weeks later, I don't know if it was MADD, the victims advocate, or something court ordered, all I remember was my mom saying we had to go as a family to a few counseling sessions with a local psychologist. After the first couple of visits I opted to stop going, I just didn't feel like talking about it at the time.

My question is, should I disclose this to the folks at MEPS? I really don't want to delay or jeopardize my enlistment by having to go to get medical records and all of that. I didn't do anything that caused me to have to go to counseling, and I have never had any emotional issues. Is this something that will pop up eventually and bite me in the butt if I don't disclose it?

I intend to ask my recruiter, but would first like an opinion from any Marines who have similar experiences.

Aurelius33
01-05-10, 11:20 AM
Also, meant to type "visit" in the thread title, not "vist"

polizei
01-05-10, 11:32 AM
I would disclose it to your recruiter first, and then MEPS. Believe me, it's better to get EVERYTHING out when you can. If not, it could come back and hurt you...Chances are, if you explain to MEPS why you went, that'll be all they'll need. I can't see this stopping your enlistment.

Aurelius33
01-05-10, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the response LCpl. That is the answer I was looking for. :thumbup:

Phantom Blooper
01-05-10, 11:56 AM
When you ask your recruiter MAKE SURE he documents in your paperwork.

If there is anyway to retrieve a copy of those records from the psychologists office request a copy.

As stated better to report and if need be wait...than sitting on the sidelines waiting at the MCRD to go home without the title of Marine.:evilgrin:

commdog7
01-05-10, 12:44 PM
Report it, I highly doubt it will prevent you from shipping. Better safe than sorry.

Lisa 23
01-05-10, 12:55 PM
Like the other Marines have said, speak up so it doesn't come back to bite you in the butt. <br />
Did you ever hear of 'fraudulent enlistment?' <br />
<br />
“Any person who— <br />
(1) procures his own enlistment or...

Aurelius33
01-05-10, 01:58 PM
When you ask your recruiter MAKE SURE he documents in your paperwork.

If there is anyway to retrieve a copy of those records from the psychologists office request a copy.

As stated better to report and if need be wait...than sitting on the sidelines waiting at the MCRD to go home without the title of Marine.:evilgrin:

Okay, I will get in contact with him and see If I can get those records before I head to the recruiters office. Thanks for all of the replies, Marines!