PDA

View Full Version : ugh...another "black rifle" question

Toretto
01-04-10, 07:30 PM
Hey guys.

I see all these hoo haa coming in here asking about air soft and paint ball and such.

Now. Me being a gun guy and actually owning an AR. I do know the insides and outsides of a ar15/m16. Now actually having hands on expirence and knowing the rifle will that be of any assitance? Such as field stripping and cleaning.

I have heard also that the Corps way of aiming is different. Is this true? Friend said take all the ways you aim in the sights and throw it out. Lol

Just curious. I know it doesn't really matter but curiousity got the best of me.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-04-10, 07:35 PM
My turn!

First, read the site rules...it's not 'guys/girls', it's Marines.

And, to answer your question, forget EVERYTHING you think you know about the AR-15/M-16A2. Don't do any sort of shooting or anything else with your personal weapon until AFTER you have returned from Recruit Training.

You have much, much, to UNLEARN and the Rifle Range will only be more difficult if you *think* you know how to shoot. You DON'T. The Marine Corps will teach you how. Unlearn your bad habits NOW.

Lisa 23
01-04-10, 07:35 PM
Everything you need to know about the M-16A2 rifle will be taught to you the Marine Corps way, and that's all you need to know.

Also, I'm curious as to when your shipdate is? All poolees who are in the DEP have shipdates, and you don't.

CplKJSpevak
01-04-10, 07:50 PM
How can there really be a different way to aim? "Clear tip of the front site post is halfway up and centered from Left to Right in the blur of the rear sight appature!" I'll be purchasing my first AR15 soon, can't wait!

Toretto
01-04-10, 07:52 PM
Yes. My fault. I let the "guys" slide. Usually post on other forums. I looked to edit it, but do not see a edit button.

My shipdate is Jan 11th. I though I updated.

And I fully understand that they will teach me everything. Forget about all I know. Got it.

I will say though blindfolded I can do my field strips in 25sec. But as told that does not matter anymore.

I figured it would be a waste of time asking, but I am sure its not the worst that's been asked?

Sgt Leprechaun
01-04-10, 07:55 PM
No, it's not, and no worries. You are naturally excited and 'rarin to go'. The fact that you'll be able to field strip your weapon and know the parts already IS an advantage, at least in the first few weeks of Recruit Training.

However, I'm serious about forgetting your other shooting knowledge. It'll do nothing but make things more difficult for you during Range Week.

Good luck!

Toretto
01-04-10, 08:05 PM
Thank you. I'm always open for correction and love to learn as much as I can. It always comes in handy to be well rounded and knowledgable in every subject because you never know what situation you may be put in.

sparkie
01-04-10, 08:13 PM
Last time I stripped my S&W 1911 a spring left the room. You never know what situation you may be put in.

Zulu 36
01-04-10, 08:54 PM
Last time I stripped my S&W 1911 a spring left the room. You never know what situation you may be put in.

Better leaving the room than sticking in your eye (had that happen once). :sick:

DADDYMAC34
01-04-10, 09:18 PM
I am truely sorry God did not give you a penis. But, does the whole free world have to suffer for it. Your profile leaves some curious as well.

Everything you need to know about the M-16A2 rifle will be taught to you the Marine Corps way, and that's all you need to know.

Also, I'm curious as to when your shipdate is? All poolees who are in the DEP have shipdates, and you don't.

sparkie
01-04-10, 09:21 PM
DM,,,,,,, You just made my black list,,,,,,, This thread is open to all,,, Nothing more will I say here.

DADDYMAC34
01-04-10, 09:33 PM
I am crushed, Tired of a 1 year PFC picking on a bunch of kids..

DM,,,,,,, You just made my black list,,,,,,, This thread is open to all,,, Nothing more will I say here.

sparkie
01-04-10, 09:35 PM
You just picked a side a thousand to one. You better go sober.

DADDYMAC34
01-04-10, 09:38 PM
please don't embarrass yourself

You just picked a side a thousand to one. You better go sober.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-04-10, 09:41 PM
Enough. SHE has as much right to be here as YOU, ME, or anyone else. She polices the area, like it or not.

Knock it off. Now.

Lisa 23
01-04-10, 09:45 PM
I am truely sorry God did not give you a penis. But, does the whole free world have to suffer for it. Your profile leaves some curious as well.
Oh, I'm not allowed to ask this young man when his shipdate is? Geeeesh.
You don't like me or what I say, fine....just leave the sarcastic comments to yourself or send me a PM. I'm not bothering you and my question wasn't directed at you.