PDA

View Full Version : Help a Marine and his Breast Cancer Survivor Wife !!

beebekp
01-02-10, 11:24 PM
Marines,

This next year, My wife and I be participating in the 2010 San Diego Breast Cancer 3-Day in honor of my wife Michelle Beebe a Breast Cancer Survivor.

We will walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

Each of us has agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations. So we need your help. Would you please consider making a donation of any amount? Even as little as $5 helps us get on the way! but If we could just get 115 people to donate $40 each we will be there. Thats just a couple less meals in the fast food restaurant. See, we can help each other! Keep in mind how far we are walking - and how hard we will have to train. You can donate online at Ken's personal page at http://www.the3day.org/goto/ken.beebe (http://www.the3day.org/goto/ken.beebe) or at Michelle's page at http://www.the3day.org/goto/michellebeebe (http://www.the3day.org/goto/michellebeebe) Just click on Donate to Michelle or Donate to Kenneth. Or print out the donation form and mail it to the address on the form. You can also call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone.

In August 2007, my wife Michelle was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy at the young age of 33. She is currently on the long road of recovery which will include numerous reconstructive surgeries. The best news though is that she is now cancer free and can enjoy a long life as a Cancer Survivor. In 2007, two of her friends (Cinthia and Laurice) walked the 60 miles in honor of Michelle and we both went to San Diego to support them. It was quite emotional for both of us and we chose to walk the next year in 2008 and again 2009, 2010 will be our 3rd Breast Cancer Walk. Please take the time to pass this on to friends, family and co-workers. The more people that see this the better. Along with your donation, please let me know if you would like our team to walk in honor of your loved one. We would gladly add them to our list. I still have our Team (P)Inked website up if you would like to check us out... it's at www.teampinked.blogspot.com (http://www.teampinked.blogspot.com/)

According to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, more than 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,
Michelle and Kenneth Beebe, SSgt USMC 1993-2003

P.S. Ask your employer if they will double your donation through a matching gift program. And by all means, browse the 3-Day website for a while at http://www.the3day.org/ (http://www.the3day.org/) . There is some great information on there!

SlingerDun
01-02-10, 11:28 PM
Kenneth welcome to Leatherneck.com You got a profile?

--->Dave

beebekp
01-02-10, 11:30 PM
Dave.. you're a quick one.. just signed up a few minutes ago.. gonna do it right now :)

Marine84
01-03-10, 07:49 AM
Welcome aboard Kenneth! Congratulations to your wife for being a Survivor and thank you for being by her side through it all.

SGT7477
01-03-10, 08:16 AM
Welcome aboard Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
01-03-10, 08:17 AM
Welcome aboard Kenneth! Congratulations to your wife for being a Survivor and thank you for being by her side through it all.

Well said and Same here :thumbup:.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

Sgt Jim
01-03-10, 10:29 AM
Kenneth sent you a PM and a friendship request,Semper Fi.Jim

beebekp
01-03-10, 11:31 AM
There is no better support than the support that has been shown to Michelle and I from Marines around the world :)

beebekp
01-03-10, 11:45 AM

Thank you Kim for you donation to Michelle and I.. She stood by me as I drug her and our family all over the world for 10 years in the Corps.. I couldn't imagine not standing by her now..

PURPLEROSE
01-03-10, 01:15 PM
Kenneth, you are a real stand up guy, Like my Marine Sgt Jim, you see I to am a breast cancer survivor, had left side removed only, I am now a 4 year survivor, my love and support goes out to michelle,always, I to walk in everything I can walk in, and my family walks with me also. so I to thank everyone for the support that is sent out to all survivors, I just had all test put in the clear for me. if michelle wants to pm me she always welcome to. Rose A Marines wife.

firedog974
01-03-10, 04:21 PM
Semper Fi Marine!

jetdawgg
01-03-10, 04:50 PM
Thank you Kim for you donation to Michelle and I.. She stood by me as I drug her and our family all over the world for 10 years in the Corps.. I couldn't imagine not standing by her now..

So we take it that you really love her huh Marine?:beer:

I will PM you shortly. My wife and I are involved with Breast Cancer Fundraising also.

SF

beebekp
01-03-10, 04:55 PM
Kenneth, you are a real stand up guy, Like my Marine Sgt Jim, you see I to am a breast cancer survivor, had left side removed only, I am now a 4 year survivor, my love and support goes out to michelle,always, I to walk in everything I can walk in, and my family walks with me also. so I to thank everyone for the support that is sent out to all survivors, I just had all test put in the clear for me. if michelle wants to pm me she always welcome to. Rose A Marines wife.

Congrats on the 4 years Rose.. Michelle is at 2 years as of September.. on her way to the big 5 year milestone you all look forward too..

Have you ever done a 3-Day walk? They have them all over the US..

beebekp
01-03-10, 05:03 PM
Semper Fi Marine!

Thank you John for the donation!

Semper Fi

beebekp
01-03-10, 05:06 PM

I will PM you shortly. My wife and I are involved with Breast Cancer Fundraising also.

SF

Sure do!! She's a tough cookie.. hahaha

Marine84
01-03-10, 07:21 PM

Don't be jealous dawgg - you're still my #1 (in whatever state you're in) ;)

jetdawgg
01-03-10, 09:01 PM
Don't be jealous dawgg - you're still my #1 (in whatever state you're in) ;)

My usual psychotic state baby:D:usmc:

beebekp
01-04-10, 05:17 PM
Thank you so much.... we are at 30% of our goal so far !!!

The Beebe's

PURPLEROSE
01-04-10, 08:00 PM
good evening, Kenneth and Michelle, hope you are having a good day. no I havn't walked in a three day walk but I have walked in 3 walks this year so far, The Susan G Komen, the making strides by the american cancer Society, the relay for life, we are also in a cancer support group, where we have hosted two motor cycle fund runs,we made $5000.00 the first year and last year we had a hundred riders, and made $12,000. we have a lot of fun doing this,and pray some day there will be a cure. I send my love to you my sister in PINK. Rose

beebekp
01-31-10, 10:36 PM
look for us at California Speedway in February !!!

NASCAR hits California Speedway in Fontana, Ca on February 20th and 21st !!!

Look for Team (P)Inked out among the tailgaters selling pink bracelets as a fundraiser for our walk!!

Ken