PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my Senior Drill Instructor

darrel
01-01-10, 10:25 PM
Would appreciate any help in locating SDI SSgt. S. Murray, Parris Island 1970

Darrel

cball
01-06-10, 03:02 PM
I know things have changed at PI since Sgt McKeon marched his platoon 71 into Ribbon Creek at midnight killing 6 recruits back in 56. The things the DI's done to the recruits back then,you'd a had to been there.. I never wanted to see my DI again....

SmithAdrian
01-06-10, 03:23 PM
We were told a ton of stories about that while I was in MRP. We had 3 idiots run away and actually stay right by the creek at night.

rlbarry
01-14-10, 05:27 PM
Hi cball
just read your post refering to mckeon and how things were at PI the first half of the 50s. I can vouch for about any tale told about those days. Most people simply don't believe it. I had a jr DI I would like see again, I would dearly love to whip his sadistic ass.

cball
01-14-10, 07:21 PM
Ron ,Your right on that.I dont know how other DI's treated their men ..We had 3 junior DI's that were half decent ,but our S DI , he was something else..He was a German and he was one mean sob..Nothing against Germans ,I'm a German too ..All I can say is if you made it through bootcamp back then ,you really accomplished something..I know even today its no cake walk...

darrel
01-14-10, 08:35 PM
I want to thank all you who have responded to to my initial posting here, but I'm astounded at the nature of your responses! Parris Island was no "cakewalk" in the 60s & 70s and I saw and experienced some rough treatment. But if Ssgt. Murray read this thread he would think, from your responses, that I wanted to find him so I could kick his ass. That is not true. I need some information from him. He never hurt me in any way. I would much appreciate any suggestions anyone might have as to how I might contact him (by mail) so I can ask him for the info I need.

Thanks, Darrel

FourthLAI
02-13-10, 03:13 AM
check out: *********************

darrel
02-13-10, 06:02 AM
FourthLai

Thanks for your respnse. I don't understand the message "checkout*********"
Please explain.

Thanks Darrel

Phantom Blooper
02-13-10, 06:40 AM
Thanks for your respnse. I don't understand the message "checkout*********"

This website will sometimes not let you put in URL's for some military related sites...thus the asterisk's.:evilgrin:

darrel
02-13-10, 09:42 PM
If you didn't get a previous response, please respond to me at darrel@mindspring.com
Thanks, Darrel