PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for some information

Icewolf101690
12-31-09, 01:46 PM
Well I have been training with the marines since july and i wont be going to Parris Island till sometime this spring, and I was wondering if anybody could tell me what life is like in the corps. My old man was in and i only have his view point on things. he went to bc in 84 and I am curious how much has changed. Im already prepared to get ****ed over and sleep in fox holes and get chewed out. i would like to know more though. What bc was like....MCT, MOS schooling. I would like to go enlisted aircrew but if i cant get that then im going to go 0311. I dnt plan on starting a family and i have nobody here. So whats it like on your own. hows the brotherhood....whats barrack life like. Anything info would help. I am going for career btw. Thanks for any posts

thezero
12-31-09, 02:01 PM
Read the forum rules first. Always capitalize Marine is another VERY big one.

Boot camp you will sleep "outside" for 5-6 days and that is for BWT and the Crucible. Whatever you think boot camp is going to be like, get that out of your head because your wrong. I could tell you exactly what to expect out of boot camp but that would just ruin it. Also things have changed since your old man was in, hell things are a lot different than 8 years ago. What I will say is getting quaterdecked is fun, you will at one point wish drill never existed, if there are not 10-15 people you hate out of your platoon or the majority of the platoon hates because they are **** ups then good chances you are one of them. Firewatch as punishment eventually loses it's effect. You are scheduled for 8 hours of sleep, you will be lucky to get 6 because at the start no one shuts up after lights and a lot of kids get sick and will not stop coughing, after the Crucible you are scheduled 6 hours of sleep and will most likely get 4 TOPS because of everything that has to be done.

Old Marine
12-31-09, 05:59 PM
I'm supprised he did not call the Marine Corps the suck as he did on another thread. Maybe he needs to ask his Father about the Corps. If I would have called my Father my Old Man, he would have promptly pujnched me in the suck. A little respect goes a long ways.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-09, 07:51 PM
Lol.

dizark
12-31-09, 08:14 PM
You sleep in a foxhole during MCT. You and a buddy dig it. Oh, it's called a fighting hole, I believe the Army uses foxholes.

bigirongunner
03-05-10, 08:23 PM
If you want aircrew then you better be able to swim and be comfortable in the water. you'll go through swim qual in bootcamp. after that if you go aircrew you have aircrew swim qual and there are 9 levels to pass. Any major past injuries? if so they might drop you just for that. its a long process the smallest cough can hold you up for months. and this is before mech school, SERE school and flight school overall you are looking at a year of schooling for aircrew at a minimum