PDA

View Full Version : Free Funeral.......

Phantom Blooper
12-30-09, 07:20 PM
ROME, Ga., Dec. 30 (UPI) -- A Georgia funeral home says it is offering free services and burial for anyone who plans to drink or do drugs before driving on New Year's Eve.

Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome said its doors are open for citizens to come in before noon Thursday and sign a contract stating their intention to drive after using alcohol or drugs. If the motorist is then killed while driving Thursday evening, the funeral home will prepare the remains and provide a casket, funeral, hearse ride and grave space, the Rome News-Tribune reported Wednesday.

Bosses at the funeral home said "Operation Stop and Think" is designed to get motorists thinking about the consequences of impaired driving.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/12/30/F........ls-for-drunk-drivers/UPI-68241262200692

:beer:

Hotel4341
12-30-09, 08:22 PM
I'm waiting for some suicidal idiot to take advantage of that.

ameriken
12-30-09, 08:37 PM
Great idea, I hope it wakes some people up.

I'm ok with drunks killing themselves, but sadly they often survive an accident they caused which kills someone else. :mad:

polizei
12-30-09, 08:53 PM
Probably my biggest petpeve of all-time is drunk/drug induced drivers. I absolutely have NO remorse for them at all. When I become a cop, I'll hammer down every single person I find as much as I can, period. I don't care if they're "famous" or a celebrity.

/rant

rickyracer
12-31-09, 03:35 AM
Sounds like the home has a good plan.