PDA

View Full Version : 03 going counterintelligence

RaiderMortars9
12-30-09, 02:01 AM
Any fellow belleau woodsmen have any information about a grunt corporal trying to reenlist into counterintelligence field 0211? I have an outstanding service record, only problem is my credit history. Gave power of attorney to the wrong women (not my mother) while on deployment and destroyed my credit. Any insightful words?

devilbones
12-30-09, 06:48 AM
Depending on how severe your credit is you might not be able to obtain an SCI clearance. What type of questions do you have?

hussaf
12-30-09, 07:24 AM
Believe it or not, credit can be a serious non-starter when obtaining a clearance. You will need that checked out.

If you are serious about the 0211 field, you should go to your local unit and begin the screening process. They have a guy, or guys, who's specific job is to deal with people like you (recruitment, process, OJT, etc). There is not better source of information other than them. They are the ones who decide if your clearance/application process goes forward. Don't forget you need a GT score of 110 and be 21 years old as well.

The 0211 field likes qualified grunts, so good luck.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-09, 12:33 AM
Hussaf nailed it. It's a fun MOS from what I've seen, and 'back in the day', among other things, they had you write an essay/do a 'country/location' study, get interviewed, and a few other things. OpTempo for deployments for 0211's is HIGH, not just overseas but for various and sundry schools as well.

Like he said, go talk to your local CI rep who'll fill you in and give you a 'no bs' assessment about your chances. Good luck!

Gary Hall
12-31-09, 09:05 AM
Any fellow belleau woodsmen have any information about a grunt corporal trying to reenlist into counterintelligence field 0211? I have an outstanding service record, only problem is my credit history. Gave power of attorney to the wrong women (not my mother) while on deployment and destroyed my credit. Any insightful words?

================================================== =

:usmc: Raider, you asked, so if you don't approve of my choice of words, as Marine Gene Hackman says "... go ahead & reject me, I can handle rejection gladly & gracefully and gleefully..."

Were I in your shoes, I'd be very skeptical of trading an 03xx MOS for anything even slightly connected to "intelligence".

From my time in the Crotch, admittedly obsolete as it is, I seriously doubt that Intelligence, especially Military Intelligence, exists, anywhere in the world. All you have to do in order to understand what I might mean, and how in the Hell could I say such a thing, just read some Military History books about Army & Marine operations during the 1950's. We didn't have ANY intelligence, but had an abundance of Stupidity. Read some good books.

It is possible on ocassion to have a brief glimmer of intelligence, but the odds are against it happening. There were several instances of genuine intelligence produced during WWII. Intelligence was operational & effective and contributed significantly to our winning the Battle of Midway.

Commander Joe Rochefort, who was Chief, Op 20-02 (Hypo), US Navy, was a genuine Hero. When Admiral Nimitz put Commander Rochefort up for a decoration after the battle, the chicken **** CNO, Admiral King, turned it down. I hope you'll not take my word for this, read the book "Miracle at Midway".

Any way, I hope you'll keep your 03 MOS, you'll never have to hang your head as a consequence. :usmc:

hussaf
12-31-09, 09:56 AM
Raider,
I'd leave any opinions on your prospective lat-move up to guys serving in the last 8 years. Just about anyone who has deployed and served outside the wire, or in an RDF, will have experience working with HET. Particularly line troops. I am assuming you heard about the MOS because you worked with HET and became interested in what they were doing (that's how most people do it, I believe). You can PM me if you want, but make sure you speak with the screening authorities at 1st CI.