PDA

View Full Version : Checks

dizark
12-28-09, 02:57 AM
I've been trying to find out an answer to this but haven't come up across anything solid.

I'd like to know if my wife and I need to order new checks with our new address of our home on the Marine Corps Base? If so, when she presents ID, it'll obviously be an out of state ID... how does this work?

or..

Can we continue to use our old checks with our old home address?

Semper Fi Marines!

StoneTheWeak
12-28-09, 07:32 AM
As long as the names match up and her face looks like the one on the card, no one should give you grief.

Phantom Blooper
12-28-09, 08:18 AM
Most local companies want a check that has the current information on it....some allow you to line out the old and hand write in the new. <br />
<br />
While using a debit card to purchase anything or pay a...

dizark
12-28-09, 12:33 PM
I had my vehicle shipped and am allowed to have my PA plates on the vehicle so long as I keep the PA registration current. I also bought a car here on island, and had no problem with my drivers license being military. I just thought I was expected to buy new checks since I have a new address, but then thought to myself about having my drivers license from PA with my old address on it.

The only time we use checks is when a company who hasn't met the times with technology only accepts cash or check, such as the Satellite City Hall here in HI (DMV) or to mail a payment in if it's not accepted online.