PDA

View Full Version : Current USMC field jacket or rain parka

Eric Hood
12-27-09, 12:35 PM
Hey Marines!
Is this the current USMC field jacket/rain parka? If not, where could I buy one.
Semper Fi,
Eric
http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/shbg.php?id=2&shbgid=10991

Sgt Leprechaun
12-27-09, 08:37 PM
Not trying to be a smartazz, believe me, but have you tried the PX? How about AAFEES on line? Or do they just not have 'em?

I'm not sure if that's current 'issue' or not, though.

bgsuwoody
12-27-09, 09:31 PM
They definitely have them in the PX

Mungkeh
12-27-09, 10:08 PM
Nah, I don't think they got'em at the PX...Try Cash-Sales. That's the new gortex. It's water "resistant" not water "proof".:banana:

StoneTheWeak
12-27-09, 11:52 PM
Cash Sales has the gortex's which is the only rain jacket I am aware of. Unless you're talking about the desert one which has the mesh sides, I believe only CIF has those. I didn't get issued one because they were all out and last time I was at cash sales I did not see them. I'm pretty sure you can buy everything that is issued to you at cash sales EXCEPT for a kevlar helmet or flack jacket with SAPI's, but if you really wanted that kind of stuff, there are better ones available online.

DocGreek
12-28-09, 06:47 AM
:D.....HE! HE! HE!....Guess what I've got, hanging in my closet???.......my ORIGINAL Field Jacket, issued to me with "some" uniform's, while I was being treated for three "BOO-BOO'S" I got in VietNam!!! It's the ONLY "piece" left out of my seabag!!....still in great shape, and has the original label on it.
40 years, is a LOOOONG time to keep a piece of clothing....BUT.....WTF!!!!....film at eleven!!
SEMPER FI....Doc Greek.....:p
P.S.: I was still an F.M.F. Doc, when it was issued!!....D/G