PDA

View Full Version : Underweight Issues

dafireman
12-27-09, 02:47 AM
I am trying to DEP in and I've got another 2 or 3 pounds to gain and no matter what I eat; I can't gain any wait. This has been going on for almost 4 months now. Will I still be able to DEP in if I can't gain that extra weight?

doc h fmf
12-27-09, 08:25 AM
What about weight trainig? Wont that work?

doc h fmf
12-27-09, 08:27 AM
oops sry not a former poolee lol.

Semper Fi

thezero
12-27-09, 08:37 AM
If your 2-3lbs under weight and they ship you (which they should) you will get put on double rations to help you gain more weight.

Old Marine
12-27-09, 09:57 AM
When I was in Boot I was 6' and only weighed 128 lbs. When I got out of Boot I was 135 lbs.

temarti
12-27-09, 10:23 AM
My little brother was under weight on the way to MEPS he had to eat bananas for the extra pound or two he needed, once on the Island he was given double rations. Like Old Marine he graduated at least 10lbs heavier.

Vandrel
12-27-09, 12:12 PM
Go to the local Army/Navy Surpluss and Discount Store and buy some MRE's. Eat about 2-3 days worth of MRE's and you'll be good to go. If you really want to pack on the weight then eat a few of those bad boys at a time. Stay away from the hot sauce and jalopenose cheese

dafireman
12-27-09, 02:35 PM
I'm 6'1 and 132 so I could use a little weight. Like I said, I've tried everything I could think of. I eat 6 times a day and still no weight gain.

Rocky C
12-27-09, 02:40 PM
I'm 6'1 and 132 so I could use a little weight. Like I said, I've tried everything I could think of. I eat 6 times a day and still no weight gain.

That's the problem. Your eating the correct way.
Eat alot before bedtime for a few weeks then you'll see the pounds pack on!!!

Vandrel
12-27-09, 02:59 PM
http://www.mreinfo.com/images/mre-contents-800.jpg

Each MRE provides an average of 1,250 calories (13% protein, 36% fat, and 51% carbohydrates) and 1/3 of the Military Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamins and minerals.

http://www.mreinfo.com/us/mre/mres.html

Get a case of them and eat it before your final weigh-in, they will stop you up and keep the pounds on you until you leave.

Rocky C
12-27-09, 03:02 PM
http://www.mreinfo.com/images/mre-contents-800.jpg

http://www.mreinfo.com/us/mre/mres.html

Get a case of them and eat it before your final weigh-in, they will stop you up and keep the pounds on you until you leave.

:thumbup::D

dafireman
12-27-09, 03:09 PM
I live right next to Quantico so I'll go up there and get some as soon as possible. I appreciate all the help.

dds0113
12-28-09, 12:41 AM
Eat one or two giant meals a day... heh. Your metabolism will screech to a halt.

Phantom Blooper
12-28-09, 06:51 AM
Eat high calorie...high carb meals and in between take Ensure.:evilgrin:

MLMonk
12-29-09, 12:08 AM
Peanut butter jelly time :banana:. It's how I gained 12lb in bootcamp, and now I lost it all again, I hate a high metabolism.

Enrique2010
01-30-10, 05:29 PM
You will just have to find what works for YOU! Not everyones the same so some of the things here will probably not work for you. My suggestion is to track your calories. Count what you take in on a normal day. With working out, double your calorie intake for a couple weeks and see how it works. Youll put it on in muscle and also the right way as well.

TinDragon
01-31-10, 06:01 AM
Yeah, like someone else said, eat two large meals a day. Eating that many times a day will keep your metabolism flying, and you won't gain much, if at all. Slow it down to two meals a day (three at most) that are gigantic will help a lot more.

Mulls
02-05-10, 10:56 AM
sorry but the two meals thing is actually not good for you, it's not very healthy. i've told people before. if you want to LOSE weight, eat more meals. if you want to GAIN weight, eat more meals! what matters is what you PUT in the meal! if youre trying to LOSE weight youre going to be eating lots of oatmeal, staying away from carbs and fats, etc.
i'm a hard gainer myself. i used to be 6 foot 3, 155 pounds. now i'm 6 foot 3, 195 pounds. same height, i gained 40 pounds of mostly muscle. i did it by eating all god damn day. eat pasta at every freaking meal if you can handle it. eat TONS of vegetables and eat them raw, because cooking vegetables denatures the amino acids that are in there. eat SO MUCH FRUIT you cant handle it anymore. drink protein shakes! protein shakes are NOT bad for you. if you get the generic GNC brand it tends to have a lot of fat, but online you can buy a 10 POUND bag of optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standard (25 grams of protein per scoop, the chocolate flavor tastes amazing, its made with real chocolate and no artificial flavoring) for 70 bucks online and itll last you a couple of months. what was said about eating less frequently slowing down your metabolism, that's true, but that won't help a hardgainer gain weight. we need to be putting so much food into our stomachs that our body HAS to gain weight. it doesnt matter how high your metabolism is, if youre putting away 6000 calories a day youre gonna be gaining weight. you may have to force yourself to eat that extra bite, but stay full all day and youll up your lbs. just remember this - if you do gain that weight, you will alter your appetite. make sure that you dont let that increased appetite fall victim to a fatty diet, because youll make yourself fat. exercise often. youd best be strength training too, not just running, otherwise youll DEFINITELY get fat. good luck bud.

cball
02-05-10, 09:32 PM
Back in 1954 when I got to PI I was a tall skinny 17 year old punk.6 ft 2in and 150 lb. Back then you had to be a bad ass and take a lot of shiq from the DIs and I made it..Most of bootcamp is mind games anyway..you'll be alright..

usmcrro
03-15-10, 03:34 PM
I am trying to DEP in and I've got another 2 or 3 pounds to gain and no matter what I eat; I can't gain any wait. This has been going on for almost 4 months now. Will I still be able to DEP in if I can't gain that extra weight?

You'll still be able to DEP in with a waiver. If you are 1-2 pound underweight, drink a little more water if you haven't already (2 quarts is good) If you wanna gain weight eat 3-4 meals a day and lift weights. I couldn't gain weight by eating alone either.

tdrt
03-15-10, 03:39 PM
Could I PLEASE trade metabolisms with you? Someone seems to have stolen mine!

usmcrro
03-20-10, 02:09 AM
Could I PLEASE trade metabolisms with you? Someone seems to have stolen mine!

Only some of it! Then find that person who stole it and own him, SSgt.

DevilDogTexan
03-21-10, 10:54 PM
On my last weigh in, i was 120. My minimum weight is 117. I weighed 113 when i went to boot camp in september, and when i was weighed at the doctors office over leave i was 129.something. that was my highest weight ever. somewhere between boot camp and mos school i gained 16lb...then lost 9. You should be good to go with a waiver bud.