PDA

View Full Version : Meu?

ed345
12-26-09, 11:07 PM
I was wondering how you get into a MEU/ MEU training and requirements.

Thanks for your time

Lisa 23
12-26-09, 11:10 PM
Talk to a recruiter.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-26-09, 11:26 PM
LOL.

I'm feeling charitable:

1: Enlist
2: Complete Recruit Training
3: Complete MOS school.
4: When you check in to your first duty station, request assignment to a 'deploying unit' or a 'victor' unit.
5: If that doesn't work, as soon as you get to your shop/platoon/etc., request to deploy as soon as possible.

I assure you, if you follow those steps, you'll get your MEU deployment.

StoneTheWeak
12-28-09, 11:12 PM
You want the best chance of going on a MEU? Join the Air Wing, that is essentially what a MEU is. But be forewarned...

MEU means BOAT. The BOAT, ****ing SUCKS. If 7 months cramped in a can smelling the dude next to yous ballsweat is really up your alley, by all means, but it isn't everything people make it out to be. Yes there are port calls, no, they don't happen all the time, once, maybe twice a month.

Outside of the Air Wing, being a grunt is about your only other option, but they need those guys more so in Asscrackistan than floating around the pacific.

Hotel4341
12-29-09, 10:53 AM
You want the best chance of going on a MEU? Join the Air Wing, that is essentially what a MEU is. But be forewarned...

MEU means BOAT. The BOAT, ****ing SUCKS. If 7 months cramped in a can smelling the dude next to yous ballsweat is really up your alley, by all means, but it isn't everything people make it out to be. Yes there are port calls, no, they don't happen all the time, once, maybe twice a month.

Outside of the Air Wing, being a grunt is about your only other option, but they need those guys more so in Asscrackistan than floating around the pacific.

Spoken like someone who has been there.

NoRemorse
12-29-09, 10:58 AM
Talk to a recruiter.

Perfect delivery and timing. Can we get that stickied?

BR34
12-29-09, 11:08 AM
Spoken like someone who has been there.

My thoughts exactly.

ed345
12-31-09, 05:36 PM
To be more specific does a MEU go through more training than regular infantry because they are SOC.
Thanks for your input, have a good new year

DADDYMAC34
12-31-09, 06:38 PM
copy, paste, click on - thats the Corps on float: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOOFRGhzG40

Sgt Leprechaun
12-31-09, 07:43 PM
Short answer: In some things, yes.

LOL!!! That video is DEAD the hell on!

(USS Nashville, LPD 13, Med Float Nov 98-May 99, Kosovo)