PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday MillRatUSMC!!

Devildogg4ever
08-24-03, 06:46 AM
Happy Birthday MillRatUSMC!!
Hope you have a happy, fun and safe birthday!!

Osotogary
08-24-03, 07:11 AM
My best wishes to you MillRatUSMC on this special day. I figure anyone that grew up watching Black and White Television and still remembers doing so deserves a big hand. Thanks for giving me support when I needed and asked for it.
What does a MillRat look like? Want me to give it a shot?
Once again, have a wonderful day.
Osotogary

thedrifter
08-24-03, 07:31 AM
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!!!
May all your wishes come true.
May these candles burn brightly.
Throughout your life.
All the joy you give to others.
Return right back at you.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

prmama
08-24-03, 08:58 AM
I want you to have the Best Birthday ever. I hope all your dreams come true. Have a safe and don't do anything I would do ;) . You old dog. JK. Anyway drink a beer in my name.

Semper Fi
God Bless ya
Heather

CAS3
08-24-03, 09:50 AM
Happy Birthday big guy!!
Hope it is wonderful.
Semper Fi,
Colleen

yellowwing
08-24-03, 11:31 AM
Happy Birthday! Have a big plate of shrimp on us!

MillRatUSMC
08-24-03, 01:52 PM
Words from Maria De Marcial Gonzalez..."If youare invite to dinner and you eat from someone table, it's your duty to repay that kindness".
Being bless to have been born in the GREATEST Nation on this earth bar none.
Those words spoken by my grandmother, even having lived in the southwest in the early 1900 to till 1949, those times at best being a Mexican were hard at best, but she judged people not the Nation as a whole.
My four uncles served in WWII and one also saw action in Korea.
Than came my time to served.
Pior to serving, I had a big chip on my shoulder, because of what I thought was unfair treatment because of my "bronze skin".
Many still look at my skin but they fail to see my ten years of service to the Nation as a United State Marine in my beloved Marine Corps
Yesterday, I went to the Community Veterans Memorial Park, it was empty and i had it all to myself.
I was able to reflect on my time in service and I thought of many young Marines.
WWI with the 5th and 6th Marines fighting in France.
The start of the Marine Airwing.
WWII, the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th and 6th Marine Division with their assigned Airwings fighting in Asia and some in Europe, some doing their needed duty here at home.
Korea, 1st Marine Division and it's air element fighting, 2nd and 3rd Marine Division doing the duty assign them.
Vietnam, 1st and 3rd Marine Division with part of the 4th Marine Division and the Airwing fighting while the 2nd guarded the Nation and everyplace else in the world.
Many assignments before Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom are also reflected in my memory of 63 years.
One of my son, who also served in thr Marine Corps "Dad, get over that war!" but it's not war that we glorify, it's the memory of many young men and women that we honor.
So that what I was thinking as I stood looking at the different sites that make up this Memorial Park.
Now I thank my lucky stars to have friends, who are fellow Marines...my thanks on your kind words to this old "Jarhead".
Words such as;
HONOR, COURAGE and COMMITMENT have more meaning as the years pass by.
Than you think about your "core values" and the enhanement that the Marine Corps instilled in you.
Those can't be brought or stolen from you, unless you let someone do that.
Just like the title of U.S Marine, it can't be brought, or given to anyone.
I will go to my grave enricher because of my service in our beloved Corps

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

lurchenstein
08-24-03, 02:01 PM
Happy Birthday MillRatUSMC! Many more in good health, to you.

Osotogary
08-24-03, 03:22 PM
When I went to Boy's Schools and Boy's Homes I allowed myself to learn early that the color of a persons skin was a distant concern ; a very distant concern. As far as I am concerned oxygen is colorless and we all need to breath it to survive and I use that premise when I deal with people. If you want to be purple or brown that's fine with me because you will always be MillRatUSMC, a fine human being. Happy Birthday.
Gary

MillRatUSMC
08-24-03, 09:06 PM
I neglected to include many like Osotogary aka Gary.
One's memory gets short when one is on a Marine site.
By trade, I'm a weldor/supervisior who now is retired.
Who worked in one of the steelmills of northwest Indiana.

I found this on a site;
The proper label for people from Northern Indiana "Hillbilly!" Mom: "No, no, dear, in Indiana, they're hicks." Dad: "Actually, in *northern* Indiana they're millrats, because they work in the steel mills." (incidentally, he used to *be* a millrat) in N Indiana.

Many use the term "millrat" when they refer to someone that works in the steelmills.
"Oh, he nothing but a dirty old millrat!"
But it help pay the bills, so we take pride in our line of work.
I'm also bless with several grandkids, one is now sitting on my lap.
His name is Anthony James, but I call him AJ.
Again thanks to everyone for your kind words...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

greensideout
08-24-03, 09:20 PM
Happy Birthday MillRat, Happy Birthday Marine!

firstsgtmike
08-24-03, 11:40 PM
MillRat,

My seven year old son's name is A.J., no meaning, just the initials.

For them, I will tell you a story.

A Mexican-American went to the police in Phoenix to report his car stolen.

When? A week ago. Why didn't you report it sooner? I had to go out of town on a job and I just returned today. Well, you can kiss that car goodby. By now it's across the border, hacked up, chopped up, the parts sold to second hand shops. You waited too long. We'll put it on the hot sheet, but you can bet it's across the border and gone forever.

The man walked out of the police station, muttering to himself; Gotdamned thieving Canadians, you just can't trust them.

Happy Birthday Marine.

JChristin
08-25-03, 01:17 AM
Happy Birthday Marine.

We are all ONE.

semper fi,
jchristin