PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to Join Up

Lock-n-Load
08-23-03, 07:06 PM
:marine: The sign says over 8,000 members in here...a great majority served in the 1st Marine Division....how many of you "Gung-Ho" Marines want to join the ....1st Marine Division Association....right now!! [We have over 13,000 members from WW2 to present].:marine:

leobold1
08-23-03, 07:12 PM
Wish I could, what with all the history I've learned about the 1st MARDIV.

thedrifter
08-23-03, 07:14 PM
Oct 1962 to Aug 1963, with Headquarters Battalion at Area 15 Camp Pendleton............Guess I should join the 1stMarDiv Ass.

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

Lock-n-Load
08-23-03, 07:22 PM
:marine: Yes. you should, Roger...you'd be ...welcomed home with open arms...the camraderie at annual reunions will enrich your life, I guarantee it; plus, you would be perpetuating the 1st Marine Division Assoc legacy in the coming decades...if you decide to "come back home", you'll need a reference....by your leave, use mine: SSGT CHRIS SARNO-USMC FMF....Semper Fidelis:marine:

Lock-n-Load
08-23-03, 07:28 PM
You served with four [4] airwings: Tustin, El Toro, Miramar, etc...if one of them was..."attached"...to the 1st Marine Division at anytime you were there...you can apply for membership:marine: Semper Fi:marine:

leobold1
08-23-03, 08:39 PM
Never was attached to the 1st MARDIV. I have been in all 3 MARWINGs. 1st MARWING in Okinawa (MCAS Futenma, MALS-31), 2nd MARWING (MCAS Beaufort, MALS-31), and 3rd MARWING (MCASs Tustin, El Toro, and Miramar with MALS-16). Never been ground side.

I updated my profile with the info about MCAS Futenma. Forgot it and had to look hard to find out how to change it.

Lock-n-Load
08-23-03, 09:04 PM
:marine:Clue me in....doesn't the 1st Marine Air Wing belong to the 1st Marine Division??...I know alotta things have change since my war in Korea has ended. :marine:

greybeard
08-23-03, 09:15 PM
1st MAW was part of the 1st Mar Div when I was with MAG-16; if not part of, then attached. Too many years to remember back that far. but, I bet I know someone who does know. I'll email my old CO, Col Block.

Lock-n-Load
08-23-03, 09:36 PM
:marine: Thx greybeard....leobold1 wants in, and I'll do my best to sign him up....S/F:marine:

greybeard
08-23-03, 09:52 PM
I can't say for sure, but thinking back, I beleive both the 1st Mar Div CG & 1st MAW's CG reported to CG FMFPac during vietnam. If you go to 1st Marine Divission Assn's home page, you will see that they do list the maw as part of thier lineage.
http://www.1stmarinedivisionassociation.org/1st_Division_Directory/usmc/index.html

Lock-n-Load
08-24-03, 07:31 AM
:marine:Thx again, Marine for your follow-up on the Air Wings. I'm just trying to pin down the MCAS ...leobold1...was part of and if anyone of those MCAS [1996 to present] were ever "attached" to the 1st Marine Division since they were located in California for the most part...thx for helping out. :marine:

leobold1
08-24-03, 12:22 PM
They do report to FMFPAC, but we the only connection we had was when our CH-46s and CH-53s would go on a troop lift from inside Pendleton or out to 29 Stumps or Yuma. We also spent a little time with them at CAXs and WTIs. But not much with that, and then it was only a in passing.

If it is possible, I'd be honored to join.

Lock-n-Load
08-24-03, 03:00 PM
:marine:thedrifter and leobold1 have been sent applications...anymore "gung-ho" Marines interested in joining the 1st Marine Division Association, Inc ?? Next reunion site is Wash,DC 11-15Aug04 at The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel [approx:attendance expected at 4,000+]...the 1st Marine Div Band will be there for concert and also we march behind the 1st Mar Div Band [dress blues] to the Iwo Jima Memorial among a plethora of other social mixers every morn/noon/nite...1 day at Quantico [free BBQ and beer] is already scheduled. S/F. :marine:

gylancaster
08-24-03, 08:24 PM
Where do you get the application forms to join the 1st MARDiv Assocation? I served in the 1st MARDIV from 72-74 then again in 76-81 and then again during Desert Storm. The unit I was with from 72-74 was 7th Engr Bn 1st Bridge Co and B Co 7th Engr. Bn
from 76-78 I was with 1st 155 How Btry 1st Field Arty Group and then from 78-81 I was with A Co. 7th Engr. Bn. During Desert Storm I was w/ Weapons Co 3/24 1st MARDIV. If you would you can contact me at this site or my home e-mail box gylancaster@gbronline.com (make sure you put the 1st MARDIV Association on the subject line).
Thanks Marine
Ray Lancaster
GySgt USMC (ret)
71-94

Lock-n-Load
08-24-03, 08:35 PM
:marine: You bet I'll contact you at your e-mail address...you most certainly qualify, Gunny...The above Marines are the future leaders of our beloved Association to carry on our immortal Marine legacy...this 2004 reunion in DC will be a gala assemblage...we do it up, large...hot damn!! Semper Fidelis :marine:

greybeard
08-24-03, 10:48 PM
Lock-n-Load, you do know the form can be downloaded from?
http://www.1stmarinedivisionassociation.org/membership_main-page.htm

Lock-n-Load
08-24-03, 11:04 PM
:marine: Yes, I know, but at the bottom of the application there is a line reserved for ...recommended by....I want to be awarded as the "recruiter of the year" within the Association...there is fierce competition from other members...at least when I mail out all the applications at my expense...my name is on THAT application for the record...I realize, greybeard you are in my corner, Marine, so I have to do it my way, afterall, I've been a LIFE/member since 10Nov51...I got "shanghaied" in...just after I made a battlefield promotion to Corporal in 1st Tank Bn...many more responsibilities with that battlefield promotion but I met them...I love the 1st Marine Division [Association] all my Marine life until I die....I have to do it my way, greybeard...thx again, Marine. Semper Fi :marine:

greybeard
08-25-03, 08:49 PM
Well, in that case---If they'll allow an old door gunner from the 1stMAW, Mag-16 HMH-463 MMAF into their ranks, PM me. what do I need to do to get a personally autographed application from Lock-N-Load?

Lock-n-Load
08-26-03, 05:40 AM
greybeard......I sent a PM to you at [6am EST]...thank you for reinforcing all that you are about...ACTION always speaks louder than words [bravado]...you will never regret coming home to the 1st Marine Division Association...your application will pass inspection with dispatch, I assure you....as for autographs, no problem...I always have a table setup at the reunion site, so please, go to the head of the looong line and you will be accommodated with alacrity...:):)...see you in DC [2004] Semper Fidelis:marine:

kubba
08-27-03, 03:08 AM
Already an associate. Servered with the 1st Mar Div 71 to early 73 with the 1st Recon Bn.Felt like a real family.
Semper FI

Lock-n-Load
08-27-03, 04:25 AM
Always nice to hear from a 1st Marine Division Assoc member...1st Recon Bn always holds a mini-reunion in one of the hospitality rooms...you must be in the Assoc's directory...Lawrence is only a artillery round distance from Boston...hope you get to DC in 2004...thx for making rollcall, Marine.:marine: