PDA

View Full Version : ATTN all marines previous to my generation.

Ingle
12-23-09, 04:36 AM
Thank you from the deepest parts of my heart, I got into a debate with a jr. marine tonight about how he does not call retired or previous military members by their rank and I do. I do not deserve to claim the title on the same level of respect as you and I am thankful that I can even be compared to you. We may be the Marine Corps now but are the heart of the Marine Corps forever.

SF

Hotel4341
12-23-09, 07:47 AM
You won't get any argument from this junior Marine. The life I get to enjoy (hehe) today is because of the Marines who paid more than their share in blood and sweat before me.

polizei
12-23-09, 12:11 PM
Rah! Semper Fi Marines.

giveen
12-23-09, 12:15 PM
Why are you arguing with a junior Marine?. Tell him to shut up and then ignore him.

kenrobg30
12-24-09, 06:55 AM
Why are you arguing with a junior Marine?. Tell him to shut up and then ignore him.

I wouldn't call that arguing Marine, that was just an attempt to further the education of a child. Older Marines appreciate the little courtisies, that our replacement offer. Personnaly I'm very proud of Marines of any generation. Very few, have ever let us down. Have good, safe, Holiday season. Sempre Fi! :marine: Ken

GySgtRet
12-24-09, 07:47 AM
says to me Thank You Gunny or have a good day Gunny. I'll tell you one damn thing for sure. I still swell up with pride to be recognized as a Marine. I appreaciate what Marines have always done and are still doing. Keep up with the debate that is what it means to educate as one Marine brother has stated here already. Keep up the education of any Marine to keep our traditions alive. If we keep our traditions alive then we never die.

Gunny out
:usmc:

kenrobg30
12-24-09, 08:42 AM
says to me Thank You Gunny or have a good day Gunny. I'll tell you one damn thing for sure. I still swell up with pride to be recognized as a Marine. I appreaciate what Marines have always done and are still doing. Keep up with the debate that is what it means to educate as one Marine brother has stated here already. Keep up the education of any Marine to keep our traditions alive. If we keep our traditions alive then we never die.

Gunny out
:usmc:

:evilgrin: I( hate to disillusion you8 Gunny, But I always hated tofight. My problem was, I was too damned slow to run, so I didn't have much choice. I've got the lumps and scars to prove it.. Have a great holiday, you and yours. Sempre Fidelis! :flag: Ken

Juicemang
12-24-09, 12:19 PM
I always, always express my gratitude when I meet older, former Marines. A special thank you always goes out to Vietnam vets, from this Marine anyway. I just hope that I can continue to build the Corps to the standards that those former Marines have set and built in the past.

Merry Christmas Marines, and Semper Fi!

kenrobg30
12-24-09, 04:42 PM
I always, always express my gratitude when I meet older, former Marines. A special thank you always goes out to Vietnam vets, from this Marine anyway. I just hope that I can continue to build the Corps to the standards that those former Marines have set and built in the past.

Merry Christmas Marines, and Semper Fi!

:flag: KOREA !! Lest we forget. :usmc: Ken

WKranz
12-24-09, 04:55 PM
how do MPs determine junior Marines, you've been in barely a year.

MLMonk
12-24-09, 05:11 PM

By who ever has their GWOT the longest, lol.

SgtHMH
12-24-09, 08:34 PM
I want to ask all Former and Active Marines a Question about the Marine Corps Birthday Ball Cake and what happens to the first piece cut, the second piece cut ? Who does it go to and why ? If you all have forgotten the first piece goes to the Oldest Marine Present does not mean active or retired, Means Present, the Second Piece goes to the youngest Marine Present. This is how we look at each other with respect from 1775, the oldest could be over 100. So each Marine just not over look what is said or heard, there are Traditions that we go by that is cut with a sword to a cake on Nov 10.

Semper Fi

Juicemang
12-25-09, 10:25 AM
:flag: KOREA !! Lest we forget. :usmc: Ken

Oorah Korea Marines! You Marines are yet another legendary chapter in our Corps. I guess I can just relate to Vietnam Marines a bit more, because of some of the similarities between Vietnam and Iraq.

sparkie
12-25-09, 03:13 PM
I want to ask all Former and Active Marines a Question about the Marine Corps Birthday Ball Cake and what happens to the first piece cut, the second piece cut ? Who does it go to and why ? If you all have forgotten the first piece goes to the Oldest Marine Present does not mean active or retired, Means Present, the Second Piece goes to the youngest Marine Present. This is how we look at each other with respect from 1775, the oldest could be over 100. So each Marine just not over look what is said or heard, there are Traditions that we go by that is cut with a sword to a cake on Nov 10.

Semper Fi

I can remember no officers eating in the field till all the young enlisted did. Wonder if that tradition is still around.

Ingle
12-25-09, 03:30 PM

by who knows their job the best.

SGT7477
12-25-09, 03:34 PM

Gunny out
:usmc:Very true Gunny, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

MUSTANG0369
12-25-09, 06:11 PM
Its still around, or at least it is in 1st Tanks. However there is rarely a time where we stop field ops and have hot rats, but if we do, it is still the norm. Sometimes you dont get very much but that is the should be the least of your concerns.

B

jerryk
12-25-09, 07:28 PM
gunny i do also when a young marine calls me sgt.after 40 yrs i do stand a little taller at least some in the corp has not forgot that i was there, have been down the same roads they have been down,. and will be till i die it make me proud to be a marine not to be forgotten

Sgt Leprechaun
12-26-09, 06:21 PM
It's what makes our Corps great, Marines. Well done to you young bucks for writing this chapter of our history!!!!!

Wish I could do it all over again, myself.

And, I ALWAYS, without fail, attempt to address Former and Retired Marines, of ANY era, by their rank, if I know it. At least until they tell me to stop LOL.

Semper Fi, Mac.