PDA

View Full Version : Mojave Viper

waiting2ship
12-20-09, 09:56 PM
Just a quick question for all the Marines out there.

Is it mandatory for infantry marines to complete this training BEFORE being deployed?

any other input or information about This training out there would be appreciated.

i believe its also called cacs?

MotorT3533
12-20-09, 10:42 PM
Pretty much all units deploying go through Mojave Viper before deploying. Depending on what your unit will be doing depends on the training you will receive there.

i believe its also called cacs. It is abbreviated CAX and stands for Combined Arms Exercise. Mojave Viper in itself is not a CAX; however, there are some parts that similar.

Vandrel
12-20-09, 10:55 PM
Yeah if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure it's required for all of FMF to go prior to deploying, part of the PTP package requirements. I think the only exception is units out of Japan, mainly III MEF in Okinawa because they go to KITP and Cobra Gold which in a sense is like Mojave Viper.

Backhaus 1103
12-21-09, 12:03 AM
Is it mandatory for infantry marines to complete this training BEFORE being deployed?

I got to my unit right after them came back from cax and it would be news to me that I'm not deploying. So I'd say no...maybe for the unit itself, but not individual Marines.

dizark
12-21-09, 01:01 AM
My Battalion is deploying to Afghanistan in a few months. We will all be going to Mojave Viper in Feb or March. I'm with a Comm unit, as a radio operator, so I'll be doing comm related stuff, I suppose.

Vandrel
12-21-09, 08:37 AM
I got to my unit right after them came back from cax and it would be news to me that I'm not deploying. So I'd say no...maybe for the unit itself, but not individual Marines.

It is not required for the individual Marine but it is required. In your case they have no one else from your unit going back to 29 Palms so naturally you will not be going. Special case situations, emergency leave, etc. It's basically just a check in the box for the unit prior to deploying, however if 5 Marines don't go because of specific reasons then no one really cares. Technically though, every Marine is supposed to go, there are Mojave Viper specific events that HQMC requires Marines participate in prior to deploying.