PDA

View Full Version : Chest Rig

Backhaus 1103
12-17-09, 09:08 PM
I'm looking to buy one and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on ones they've used and liked or disliked. Price isn't really a problem, I don't need sh!t falling apart in the middle of a patrol.

Vandrel
12-17-09, 09:29 PM
For what type of load?

I managed ok just having all of my trash attached to my MTV flak instead of using a harness. It made it much easier to get in and out of vehicles which was the primary concern for Trackers :D I also used a 6 mag drop on my leg but for extended periods that will quickly become a pain in the ass more then anything. If you are just toating a standard 5.56 M4/16 load then you should be fine with just the flak, that's the most common at least. Also depending on what cammelback you have, the standard CIF one works best if you attach it to the flak instead of using the backpack style straps, that will greatly help out when you have to move quickly and you'll have less crap flopping all over the place.

Of course everything depends on your command, some get really gay with uniformity and try to dictate where everyone MUST attach their mag pouches and wear their gear in a certain way.

Extreme outfitters in Jacksonville has some pretty decent gear if you want to go all out but to be honest most of it is over kill and will just become extra crap on your back. Their prices are not to bad but some of the stuff is up there. On a side note I don't think they offer any type of repair kits for their gear so if your buckles break and straps get lost then you will be SOL, carry electrical tape and zip ties... lost of them.

Backhaus 1103
12-17-09, 09:56 PM
I have a 16 and a 203. The reason I want a rig is because we just recently got plate carriers and changing all that sh!t out every time we need to switch will be a pain in the ass. Our BC already gave the green light on them and they don't really give two sh!ts what we wear or how we wear it....they even let us wear spartan 2s if we want.

hussaf
12-17-09, 10:27 PM
See if you an get a discount card at Extreme outfitters if you go there. I think it's 10%, and works with online purchases as well.

Vandrel
12-17-09, 10:36 PM
Yeah I forgot about those cards, if they don't give them out anymore I have one laying around you can have... I won't ever need it again.

Quinbo
12-17-09, 10:44 PM
Two regular ole loop slings.

NeverQuit
12-17-09, 11:05 PM
You might be switching alot in training but if you head over to Afghan, our primary was the plate carrier. The MTV's got left in an ISO container.

stretchusa
12-19-09, 10:44 AM
Avoid Extreme price fixers....head out to TAG on 24 they are owned by former Marines and have great gear.

bgsuwoody
12-19-09, 03:32 PM
Shouldn't your senior Marines be answering questions like this?...may just be me

Backhaus 1103
12-19-09, 05:05 PM
I've already asked. One talked about a Blackhawk one, but I don't like their stuff since he already broke the zipper on his pack and I've heard bad things about their gear.
Just looking for more opinions...

Seyborg
12-19-09, 08:49 PM
sup backhaus, don't worry about that chest rig ****. We wont be switching those flaks much, even if they want us too. If I'm walking, I'm wearing a damn plate carrier.

Yes this is seybert..I'm in ur company

laters

bert