PDA

View Full Version : Need help on decisions

lemonypanda
12-17-09, 04:51 PM
Basically I'm at the point of my life where the decisions I make is going to impact the rest of my life. I'm a high school senior and will graduate in 2010 and I have no discipline whatsoever. I'm a smart student, I've gotten pretty high SAT and SAT II scores, but I have a really low gpa because I have no self motivation. I want to join the military to correct my long habits of laziness before I go to college, and recently I've been looking into the Marines, since they are the elite of the military and have the most sense of pride. Basically, I want to know after I'm done with my service is will joining the Marines affect me differently than joining another branch of the military? How so? Would college and job applications consider Marines to be better than the other branches? Do you know anyone who failed in civilian life after joining the Marines?

Thanks in advance

Rocky C
12-17-09, 04:57 PM
Failure is NOT an Option!!!

josephd
12-17-09, 05:01 PM
Basically I'm at the point of my life where the decisions I make is going to impact the rest of my life. I'm a high school senior and will graduate in 2010 and I have no discipline whatsoever. I'm a smart student, I've gotten pretty high SAT and SAT II scores, but I have a really low gpa because I have no self motivation. I want to join the military to correct my long habits of laziness before I go to college, and recently I've been looking into the Marines, since they are the elite of the military and have the most sense of pride. Basically, I want to know after I'm done with my service is will joining the Marines affect me differently than joining another branch of the military? How so? Would college and job applications consider Marines to be better than the other branches? Do you know anyone who failed in civilian life after joining the Marines?

Thanks in advance

Becoming a Marine will change you for the better but how you handle that and utilize it outside and after your service is on you.

I personally know Marines who have failed miserably at life now that they are out. Having the title as a United States Marine only gets you so far, it is up to you to show that you live up to that title.

Becoming a Marine is strictly a personal pride decision IMO. You are not just joining the best branch of service, you are becoming something that is far bigger than you and that will be with you forever.

jinelson
12-17-09, 05:16 PM
By josephd: Becoming a Marine will change you for the better but how you handle that and utilize it outside and after your service is on you.

I personally know Marines who have failed miserably at life now that they are out. Having the title as a United States Marine only gets you so far, it is up to you to show that you live up to that title.

Becoming a Marine is strictly a personal pride decision IMO. You are not just joining the best branch of service, you are becoming something that is far bigger than you and that will be with you forever.

Well said Lance Corporol well said indeed!

Jim

Phantom Blooper
12-17-09, 05:22 PM
Excellent advice from theLCPL!

I'll say this again though...

Heart will get you through more than just boot camp.

A Marine is more than a title...it's a call to duty.

One that sometimes, more often than not comes at a time when you are going to wish it didn't.

Heart will relieve you from that thought and that struggle of making it through a PT session, a test, an azz chewing,a 15-25 mile hump or anything the Marine Corps or life can throw at you!

A heart...A Semper-Fi heart!:evilgrin:

sgthebert
12-17-09, 08:13 PM
If you join to give yourself discipline....well it might work and you will be an average Marine. If you join like thousands before that became the best of the best, they joined for the love of God, Corp and Country...Then you might just be one of the best...in the MARINE CORPS and then in all you choose to do in life.

sparkie
12-17-09, 08:46 PM
Your life,,,,, your spirit. Invest in it and it will give you back 10 fold. Ignore it, and become a panhandler. Your choice.

just an old Marine talkin,,,,,,,,,,,,,