PDA

View Full Version : questions

luketalon95
12-16-09, 10:20 PM
Hello Marines my name is Lucas and ive been a lurker on this site for quite some time. Im a "want to be" Marine not a "wannabe" Marine (around here there are alot of wannabees who are all talk i actually have the heart and desire to earn the title) and the reason why i havent enlisted yet is because im waiting on my immigration status to change(very soon). I just have a few questions as i am getting closer to being able to enlist.First i have a tattoo that is a half wrap half sleeve.For those that dont know what that is its a half sleeve(top of shoulder to about a inch above my elbow) that doesnt go all the way around into my inner bicep. I guess my question is and forgive me for asking im sure its been asked many times but for some reason the search isnt working for me but i wanted to know if there was any hope in enlisting with this tattoo. Is it hard or possible to obtain a waiver? My second question is, is there any material that i could pick up to help me prepare for the asvab ive been studying alot of Marine corps material but nothing on the asvab. Thanks in advance for your time and GOD BLESS you all.

commdog7
12-16-09, 10:42 PM
There are ASVAB study guides that you can find at most bookstores, such as this:
http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hills-ASVAB-Second-Mcgraw-Hills/dp/0071626611/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261024791&sr=8-5

As for the tattoo, I don't think it is in regulations. You should talk to a recruiter about that, they can fill you in on your options.

luketalon95
12-16-09, 10:44 PM
Thank you sir, as far as the tattoo goes im really debating having it half removed if thats a option. I really dont want to go army.

dizark
12-16-09, 10:48 PM
For the tattoo, you'd have the talk to the recruiter. He'd be the best judgement there in person to tell you if it's possible to try for a waiver or not..

Best of luck to you.

Lisa 23
12-16-09, 11:12 PM
Thank you sir, as far as the tattoo goes im really debating having it half removed if thats a option. I really dont want to go army.

Before you go calling Marines Sir, you better check their profiles first.
Does commdog7 look like a Sir to you?

luketalon95
12-16-09, 11:18 PM
Sorry about that no disrespect intended.

temarti
12-17-09, 12:39 AM
Lucas, good luck on the information you received.

Being that it was your second post before ticketed, here is some friendly advice, if there is no picture of the person (very few have this) on the front, you can click the name and sometimes there is a picture there, more often not, if not then the third option is to guess by name or just say Marine to be super safe, with the exception of the Doc's.

Again, welcome aboard there is a lot of good info and there are many that are willing to answer any question that is asked.