PDA

View Full Version : Former poolee

ThatChevyGuy
12-15-09, 03:49 PM
Hello Marines, I want to first say that I fully appreciate every last one of you for your service to our country. Let I was a former poolee to this fine organization in the past. But obviously I didn't go to boot because I had an urge to finish up my BA first. Well anyways, for the entire four years I regretted leaving the DEP and I was told by my former recruiter that I can't join again. I was on good terms with my recruiters but I was wondering if any of you Marines/ former recruiters know if this is true that I can't join again. I went through MEPs at the time. All my life I wanted to join the USMC, but I felt that it was important for my school first (economical reasons). I feel it's a duty of my to serve my country and I want to continue with what I left behind. So if anyone can help answer my question, it would be appreciated. :iwo:

IST at the time
Pull-ups: 11
Crunches: 75
1.5 miles: 11:24

Rocky C
12-15-09, 04:01 PM
Call A Recruiter..............

SGT7477
12-15-09, 04:45 PM
Looks like you screwed up the first time, but when in doubt go army, like the Marine before said maybe the Marine Corps recruiter, Good Luck.

SGT7477
12-15-09, 04:51 PM
Hello Marines, I want to first say that I fully appreciate every last one of you for your service to our country. Let I was a former poolee to this fine organization in the past. But obviously I didn't go to boot because I had an urge to finish up my BA first. Well anyways, for the entire four years I regretted leaving the DEP and I was told by my former recruiter that I can't join again. I was on good terms with my recruiters but I was wondering if any of you Marines/ former recruiters know if this is true that I can't join again. I went through MEPs at the time. All my life I wanted to join the USMC, but I felt that it was important for my school first (economical reasons). I feel it's a duty of my to serve my country and I want to continue with what I left behind. So if anyone can help answer my question, it would be appreciated. :iwo:

IST at the time
Pull-ups: 11
Crunches: 75
1.5 miles: 11:24Profile up.:evilgrin:

StoneTheWeak
12-16-09, 12:44 AM
Or you can completely bypass those pain in the ass scammers and go see an OSO(Officer Selection Officer) and become an officer. I assume you have a Bachelors, so all you need to do is put in a package with an OSO and go to OCS, then TBS. I was looking at doing ROTC but decided college just wasn't for me at the time, now I wish I had gone, did ROTC and became an Officer of Marines. Just some personal advice to give you. I think in the long run you'd actually get in faster that way too, since the wait for bootcamp is somewhere along the lines of like 14 months?