PDA

View Full Version : Posers?

sbombard15
12-14-09, 10:11 AM
I have noticed that many people that claim they are Marines or claim to have been in the Marines spell corps as "corp". I even know one Marine personally that does this. If they are so proud of being Marines why cant they spell it right? Should I assume people are posers if they cant spell it right because they must teach you how to spell the name in boot camp not to mention being around the name all the time in the fleet. This isn't relevant to me becoming a Marine it just REALLY bugs me. Thank you.

Lisa 23
12-14-09, 10:24 AM
I'm not trying to sound like a smart a$$ or getting on your case for asking this question, but just because a Marine misspells Corps doesn't actually mean he's a poser, and while this my bother you......you have more important things to worry about like getting yourself prepared for boot camp.
The purpose of this forum is for asking questions about those who are aspiring to join the U.S. Marine Corps the chance to ask questions regarding this career choice, not to take up debates about posers, which eventually that's what this topic would turn into.

BR34
12-14-09, 10:52 AM
I've heard Marines actually say Marine "Corpse". They were wearing the uniform, and working in my MOS, so I assume they aren't posers...just stupid.

Smitty Puffs
12-14-09, 11:00 AM
Their not "posers", their just morons or they made a simple spelling mistake. But trust me kid, you're going to meet some of the dumbest people you have ever met in your life when you get to boot camp and then out to the fleet.

sbombard15
12-14-09, 11:06 AM
I know I have more important things to worry about but this question has been bugging me for awhile and you Marines are the only ones that could give me a straight answer and this is the only place I could ask it. I never thought they were posers it was just the only explanation I could think of. Thanks for clearing things up.