PDA

View Full Version : School of Infantry

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 11:22 AM
Can any Marines please give this Poolee some details about S.O.I.?
thanks Marines, explanations are greatly appreciated Oorah :usmc:

SGT7477
12-12-09, 12:14 PM
OOHRAH, some Marine Grunts should be on shortly to help you out, When it absolutely has to be destroyed overnight call on Marine Artillery. 0811 One Shot 12 Kills.

Lisa 23
12-12-09, 12:19 PM
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

School Of Infantry East
http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/soieast/Pages/welcome.aspx

School Of Infantry West
http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/soiwest/Pages/welcome.aspx

tangovictor87
12-12-09, 12:30 PM
lol. is your avatar an actual t shirt design? moto-freakin-vating poolee

SGT7477
12-12-09, 12:32 PM
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

School Of Infantry East
http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/soieast/Pages/welcome.aspx

School Of Infantry West
http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/soiwest/Pages/welcome.aspx
I guess he owes us 50.:evilgrin:

Smitty Puffs
12-12-09, 12:43 PM
What do you want to know, dude?

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 01:15 PM
Well Marines i just would like to know what kind of things you will train on like weapons, training exercises, etc. and requirements and things of that sort, Thanks Marines

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 01:16 PM
lol Yes my avatar is an actual shirt design i gound it on google i thought it looked pretty cool i couldn't find anything else with poolee haha

Lisa 23
12-12-09, 01:26 PM
I guess he owes us 50.:evilgrin:

Yes, he does....and those would be 4 count Marine Corps pushups.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/MarineDIandrecruit2.jpg

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 01:32 PM
Yes, he does....and those would be 4 count Marine Corps pushups.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/MarineDIandrecruit2.jpg

sorry about that Marines, i will do them to make up for my mistake haha

Smitty Puffs
12-12-09, 01:40 PM
lol Yes my avatar is an actual shirt design i gound it on google i thought it looked pretty cool i couldn't find anything else with poolee haha
hahahaha that's awesome. I just noticed your avy. Just act like you did it for humor value and you should be alright. That's funny ****. Once you get in you'll realize how retarded all those types of Marine shirts are.

But lets get down to Brass tax:

Let me start off by saying that if your experience with SOI was like my companys, which it more then likely will be, you will leave SOI with a new found knowledge and look on the Corps. You will be introduced to the wonderful world of the 03. You're gonna go on a few hikes, which are a little bit different then boot camp. Their usually with a "full" combat load, flak and kevlar, whatever weapon you "decide" to carry that day, etc. Their long, they suck, and their gonna make you hate life. My first 15k was with full ILBE with a full assault pack strapped to it. Out of like 66 guys in my platoon only like 20 of us made it to the end. You're gonna spend the first few weeks shooting at ranges, shooting every weapon that 03's will use in a combat zone (240, SAW, m203, stupid 9mm AT4 rounds, M32, etc.). You'll practice a lot of Urban Combat stuff in the MOUT town. How to breach doors and clear rooms. Pretty straight forward stuff. SOI really serves no purpose for an 11 other then to familiarize you with weapon systems and give you a BASIC BASIC introduction to being a rifleman. Once you get to your unit they will tell you to scrap what you just learned and start doing things the way they do it. It will make you stronger and in better shape though.

P.s. Don't pay attention to the Marines who get on your case about saying "oohrah" and stupid moto stuff like that. To be honest, no one really cares. And once your in for over a year you'll see that the only time you ever say Oohrah is if your passing a Gunny, Sgtmajor, etc. or an Officer and dont feel like giving the exact greeting of the day. And not to mention that theres no Marine Corps order saying you can't say "Oohrah".

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 02:05 PM
you got me motivated now, hahaha well thanks alot Marine Oorah, that was very helpful that is the answer i was looking for, i really appreciate it, so the guys who didnt make it through SOI what happens to them ?

Smitty Puffs
12-12-09, 02:09 PM
you got me motivated now, hahaha well thanks alot Marine Oorah, that was very helpful that is the answer i was looking for, i really appreciate it, so the guys who didnt make it through SOI what happens to them ?

I dont think I ever saw anyone not make it through SOI. I saw guys go UA (AWOL), one got sent to the brig for possession of drugs, and thats basically it for people who didn't make it. I had one friend who just couldnt hump for squat. He never really gave up on the humps but he just always fell behind and was forced to drop out. They told him they were going to switch his MOS if he didnt complete the remedial hikes but nothing happened and he graduated with the rest of us. No one can really fail during the basic portions of training in the Marine Corps. It just doesn't really ever happen. Don't sweat it dude, you'll be an 03 if you want it.

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 02:16 PM
I dont think I ever saw anyone not make it through SOI. I saw guys go UA (AWOL), one got sent to the brig for possession of drugs, and thats basically it for people who didn't make it. I had one friend who just couldnt hump for squat. He never really gave up on the humps but he just always fell behind and was forced to drop out. They told him they were going to switch his MOS if he didnt complete the remedial hikes but nothing happened and he graduated with the rest of us. No one can really fail during the basic portions of training in the Marine Corps. It just doesn't really ever happen. Don't sweat it dude, you'll be an 03 if you want it.

oh ok well tht is good because i had my doubts about it ya kno? a couple of my buddies that went said it was pretty tough and it made me worry a little bit, the 03 is where my heart is ha ive wanted to be in the 03 ever since i could walk and im finally almost there haha, but as for basic im not very nervous about that everyone has told me its easy as pie lol :usmc:

Lisa 23
12-12-09, 02:21 PM
Listen up there young man, I'm not trying to come across as being a smart a$$ by pointing those rules out to you. You should abide by the rules that the staff has put into place for all wannabees and poolees, not break them just because you feel like it or someone told you you can say whatever you want.

And LCpl, I'm not going to get into a war of words with you, but don't set a bad example of what a Marine is by telling a poolee that it's OK to break the rules. If the staff here at Leatherneck felt it was OK for wannabees and poolees to say OohRah and Semper Fi, then they wouldn't have put that in the rules.
Rules are made to be followed, not broken.

Smitty Puffs
12-12-09, 02:36 PM
Almost every thread I go into that a poolee has made and asked a question, the first few responses are always a bunch of you guys giving them crap for saying "oohrah", "semper fi", etc. and sometimes without ever answering their questions. Big deal, he dropped one "oohrah". God Forbid he shows some enthusiathism for wanting to be a Marine. All the power to you buddy, show that motivation.

Me telling him its "ok to be Motivated" is not setting a bad example. As a matter of fact, I set a damn fine example for these guys. I'll answer any question this kids got to the best of my ability, why? Because that's what he needs now. He needs knowledge, because that's what's going to help him in his career. Besides, I'm sure you we all more important things in our lives to worry about then putting a bunch of poolee's in place online.

Lisa 23
12-12-09, 02:50 PM
I got my a$$ chewed out for not following the rules here, and I'm a Marine. Wannabees and poolees are no different. If wannabees and poolees can't handle being put in place online, then they're going to have a hard time being put in place in the real world at recruit training.
LCpl, I didn't make the rules, the staff here at Leatherneck.com did. I was just merely pointing out what he cannot say according to those rules. He want's to show enthusiasm, fine, but not by saying OohRah or Semper Fi. Once he EARNS that title of United States Marine, then he can show all the enthusiasm he wants by saying OohRah and Semper Fi.

Smitty Puffs
12-12-09, 03:06 PM
ya, whatever floats your boat.

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 03:12 PM
yay yo lmfao

New York
12-12-09, 03:27 PM
Salty poolees...lol next salty RCT...

I agree with him not rating it, why? because he hasnt even earn the title first. He then can - either-do/yell his salty little balls off about all the OOHRAHHS/ S/F and KILLS he wants etc..

Corps is getting soft because Marines arent enforcing our heritage, one is earning everything, even saying something simple as a yell...

Kill....-

New York
12-12-09, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah..

About SOI...there's ITB and there's MCT..

If you're a POG (MOS other then 03xx) you're MCT, if you're a Grunt, then ITB..

There will be a PFT when you arrive there.. Then field drills (1 week in the field, 2/3 days in the rear) which consist of learning the Weapon systems. A grenade/smoke grenade exercise, Humps from 5k to a final 20k. Learning knowledge on weapons, drills on house clearing and then a 3 day war.

Then you have earned the right to be known as a Grunt or have successfully finished basic Marine infantry training as a POG in MCT. ITB is 2 months MCT is about 3 weeks.

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah..

About SOI...there's ITB and there's MCT..

If you're a POG (MOS other then 03xx) you're MCT, if you're a Grunt, then ITB..

There will be a PFT when you arrive there.. Then field drills (1 week in the field, 2/3 days in the rear) which consist of learning the Weapon systems. A grenade/smoke grenade exercise, Humps from 5k to a final 20k. Learning knowledge on weapons, drills on house clearing and then a 3 day war.

Then you have earned the right to be known as a Grunt or have successfully finished basic Marine infantry training as a POG in MCT. ITB is 2 months MCT is about 3 weeks.

yes i want to be a grunt, oh ok awesome well sounds like fun, i apppreciate it Marine and i apologize for the o word i was jus motivated and didnt think before i typed it in, i wont let the Corps down

Smitty Puffs
12-12-09, 04:03 PM
Salty poolees...lol next salty RCT...

I agree with him not rating it, why? because he hasnt even earn the title first. He then can - either-do/yell his salty little balls off about all the OOHRAHHS/ S/F and KILLS he wants etc..

Corps is getting soft because Marines arent enforcing our heritage, one is earning everything, even saying something simple as a yell...

Kill....-
OoooOOo the Irony.

smoking gunz
12-12-09, 06:25 PM
If you go into weapons plt/co. then halfway through you will make a wish list of a specific mos. If its a weapons mos you will break off and learn your specific weapon system. Its very basic

Tsizzle710
12-12-09, 06:51 PM
If you go into weapons plt/co. then halfway through you will make a wish list of a specific mos. If its a weapons mos you will break off and learn your specific weapon system. Its very basic

Thanks smoking gunz I appreciate your info.

Backhaus 1103
12-12-09, 07:50 PM
Who gives a sh!t...people make a big deal out of nothing and then wonder why they go ua