PDA

View Full Version : A little boy's Christmas wish.....

Big Jim
12-11-09, 05:03 PM
Nathan Elfrink is 7 years old and has been fighting brain cancer for about 5 years. He has a terminal brain tumor and according to his Doctors...they informed his mother that if he is here for Christmas to consider it a blessing. His only wish this Christmas is to get a million Christmas cards. This little boy truly has the heart and courage of a Marine as he has accepted his fate with high spirits and solemn comfort for his family.

PLEASE anyone who reads this, invite your friends to join the group (even if you do not know him) and everyone send him a card so this courageous little boy's wish can come true. For anyone who wants more information on him you can google his name or look him up on a local news channel website 10TV.com out of Columbus, Ohio.

His address is:

Nathan Elfrink
2415 Taylor Blair Road
West Jefferson, OH 43162.

Thank you my brothers and sisters....and Merry Christmas to you all.

sparkie
12-11-09, 07:59 PM
I am pessisimistic beyond my years,,,,,, Call me an old azz hole. I am trying to wrap my mind around a 7 yr old boy worrying about 1 Million Christmas cards. If in fact he is, I must think someone put him up to it. Does the news speak about the motovating factor? Sorry, Jim, guess I got sour over the years,,,, I'll take my chewin now,,,,,,

firedog974
12-11-09, 08:38 PM
I am pessisimistic beyond my years,,,,,, Call me an old azz hole. I am trying to wrap my mind around a 7 yr old boy worrying about 1 Million Christmas cards. If in fact he is, I must think someone put him up to it. Does the news speak about the motovating factor? Sorry, Jim, guess I got sour over the years,,,, I'll take my chewin now,,,,,,

It was his dads idea to make his kid smile. http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/12/11/story-boy-brain-cancer-christmas-cards.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=102

sparkie
12-11-09, 08:45 PM
Ok,,,,,, I said I'd take my chewin,,,,,, Card on the way,,,,,,,,

Unless this is a plot by the USPS to raise revinue????? Just kiddin.

Big Jim
12-12-09, 05:24 PM

dam Sparkie....!! This is just an effort to bring comfort to a little boy and his family who isn't going to make it beyond Christmas....I mean they're not asking for money or gifts.....just a simple Christmas card to tell a little sick boy Merry Christmas.....how would you feel if it was your son who was expected not to survive because of this malignant and cancerous brain tumor. I personally don't know the parents or the little boy but I do know he deserves at least a good Christmas....every 7 year old boy does.....and maybe more so each and every kid who is facing a certain and undeserved death....if you don't wanna send a card...then don't send one...simple as that...

After all....I would have thought all these fine Marines....young and old....would jump at that chance to bring one last smile to a little boy's face....

Sgt Jim
12-12-09, 06:13 PM
Card is outbound to Nathan,may God bless him and his family.

Rocky C
12-12-09, 06:36 PM
Big Jim,
Thanks for posting this Brother. I think it was Good Morning America or another morning show where I heard this story but never got the address.

I'm gonna copy and paste the address and send it out to my whole Email List.

This is 1 Marine that's going to try to make his Christmas Wish come True!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

SGT7477
12-12-09, 06:43 PM
Card on it's way Roughrider, Semper Fidelis Big Jim.

sparkie
12-12-09, 07:13 PM
Jim,,, I was teasin,,,, lighten up. My card will be in flight by Monday. But you know, I see many a kid on this spaceship I cannot help. I see the meaning of life is a batch.

sparkie
12-12-09, 07:21 PM
Somehow a duplicate, sorry

Big Jim
12-12-09, 08:27 PM
Jim,,, I was teasin,,,, lighten up. My card will be in flight by Monday. But you know, I see many a kid on this spaceship I cannot help. I see the meaning of life is a batch.

Aw...I know Sparkie....I always knew you were Santa Claus....I know how big your heart is brother....I just took that opportunity to reinforce the cause...sorry it sounded like I was preaching to you man....I'll get off my soapbox now and get back in rank where I belong.....K-BAR sheathed and at order arms, my brother........

.....and thank you to all Marines in CONUS and everywhere else on this blue marble taking the chance to send a card and say Merry Christmas to this brave little boy....after all....he is from my state and we Ohioans look out for each other....

Twitchell
12-13-09, 01:06 PM
Card on the way.

Twitchell
12-26-09, 01:36 PM
Has anyone heard any updates on this kid, or if they got they're million cards?

Big Jim
12-26-09, 09:38 PM
I haven't heard any updates......but I do know that family and little boy did get scads and scads of Christmas cards....I think they are still getting them....LOL....!! I haven't heard anything on him or the family or his condition as of yet....but I will post any news on him as I hear it....thank you for coming through Marines...!!!

Twitchell
12-27-09, 02:02 AM
Thanks Jim.... I was just curious. Hopefully he's still hangin in there. Semper Fi

Big Jim
02-26-10, 11:17 AM
Nathan Elfrink is 7 years old and has been fighting brain cancer for about 5 years. He has a terminal brain tumor and according to his Doctors...they informed his mother that if he is here for Christmas to consider it a blessing. His only wish this Christmas is to get a million Christmas cards. This little boy truly has the heart and courage of a Marine as he has accepted his fate with high spirits and solemn comfort for his family.

PLEASE anyone who reads this, invite your friends to join the group (even if you do not know him) and everyone send him a card so this courageous little boy's wish can come true. For anyone who wants more information on him you can google his name or look him up on a local news channel website 10TV.com out of Columbus, Ohio.

His address is:

Nathan Elfrink
2415 Taylor Blair Road
West Jefferson, OH 43162.

Thank you my brothers and sisters....and Merry Christmas to you all.

I just now learned that Nathan passed away this morning from his terminal brain tumor. It's a sad thing to watch and endure the sufferings of a child....I can only imagine and pray for this family.

The family is still getting cards from well wishers from this past Christmas and even donations for the little boy. I did hear on a personal level that Nathan worried for his family and told them not to be sad.....for he would see them again....makes me want to hold my own kids tight and thank the big man upstairs for their good health.....

SGT7477
02-26-10, 11:57 AM
RIP Nathan, God Bless his family, Semper Fidelis.

Twitchell
03-01-10, 11:02 PM
RIP..... man that suck! God bless him and his family. I'm sure he is in a better place now! SF

doc h fmf
03-02-10, 10:33 AM
Rest Ineace Nathan. May Godbless And Watch Over His Family

doc h fmf
03-02-10, 08:28 PM
Rest In Peace Nathan, May Godbless And Watch Over His Family